Hopefully its the flywheel

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

Holy cow I guessed right. Ive got to call Tim. LOL.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

but it will suck your hand down into the top where the coil goes when you turn it over.

Yes I thought this was unusual.Should blow hand off not suck it in.Cambearing stinks.I hope there isnt a bad batch out there.Hope there isnt any other damage.Thanks for updating us.

harleypitbull1

#23 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Well I talked to Tim and I think everything has been found. Dont think it is very major. The cam gear and cam are still good, I think. I am shipping it to TIm to let him look at it. Something behind the bearing that has 2 like dowell pins conecting it together, they sheared and stopped the cam from spinning. Cam looks fine and valve buckets are fine. Scarred the head just a little but not much. I am sure Tim will fix the cam up and Maybe I can get it back together, lol. But I have no idea how to time the thing. Thanks guys

mike justice

#24 Post by mike justice »

QUOTE (harleypitbull1 @ Dec 22 2006, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I talked to Tim and I think everything has been found. Dont think it is very major. The cam gear and cam are still good, I think. I am shipping it to TIm to let him look at it. Something behind the bearing that has 2 like dowell pins conecting it together, they sheared and stopped the cam from spinning. Cam looks fine and valve buckets are fine. Scarred the head just a little but not much. I am sure Tim will fix the cam up and Maybe I can get it back together, lol. But I have no idea how to time the thing. Thanks guys

Decompression release mechanism came apart and sheared pins in exhaust cam.My guess?Lucky it didnt run anymore!!

harleypitbull1

#25 Post by harleypitbull1 »

[Glad to know I was finally lucky, lol. I am just glad I found something wrong, all that checking and nothing to show for it, I was getting a little aggitated. But I guess I should have noticed that it was not pushing out the exhaust a little earlier. Trial and error I guess.

harleypitbull1

#26 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Well good news and bad news. Got the parts back from Tim friday. Stayed up almost all night and finished it up today. Got it all back together and it started and ran. yeah yeah yeah. Well being that I am not really mechanically inclined,lol , my dad stopped by and I just had to start it and show off to him. But dummy me, had the battery charger on it when I tried to start it and I toasted the ECM. So thanks for the help everyone. Tim and sean especially. I really appreciate your guys time.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

That shouldnt have fried ECU.Maybe its just the fuse that popped.

harleypitbull1

#28 Post by harleypitbull1 »

well the quad is at work. I did not check the fuse. Does the fuse run the fuel pump or will it do nothing if the fuse is blowed. The quad still turns over fine, just no fuel is flowing. I checked the fuel pump, its good and I checked for power at the pump. It also had power but Sean told me that the ecu supplied the ground to make it run. Then I hooked up the d and m kit and it would never communicate. Always said failed to unlock system. Will the starter still turn the quad over if that main fuse is blowed? I hope thats it but I doubt it.

jesshamner

#29 Post by jesshamner »

If the fuse is blown, it won't do anything. It won't prime or crank.

I'm not sure how you fried your computer though.

harleypitbull1

#30 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I talked to yesterday and he said he had heard of this happening with a charger on the battery when I trying to start it. The quad had already started and ran three or four times. I was fixing to put the plastic on and had started zip tying wires back into place and my dad came in. I went to start it, the fuel pump ran once and thats it. The ecu not communicating makes me think, it had to fry it.