Hopefully its the flywheel

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it sounds that way.Before the diode updates it was very common.

harleypitbull1

#42 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Well I dont have the diode update so maybe thats it. I ordered a computer from boomer today and both updates so maybe I can get it going again.

harleypitbull1

#43 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Bad news, I think, I just got off the phone with Scooter at optimum and he says my computer is fine. He communicated with it no problem. The fuel pump does not run when you hit the start button and I cannot communicate with the ecu. I get the failed to unlock code. I tested the fuel pump and it is fine. What do I try now? Help please

kdeal

#44 Post by kdeal »

Based on everything you have wrote it sounds like a wiring harness problem. PM me your VIN number and I will get you a date to see what it's close to as for the revisions I have a list of them at home and will post them when I get home tonight. I agree with C27 & Wistech on the Fail to unlock problem. Since you are talking with Scooter already, what does he have to say? I think the fail to unlock is a software or computer problem, not a problem with the bike.

jesshamner

#45 Post by jesshamner »

You might try changing com ports. Did you install or hook something to your computer that you didn't have before when trying the D&M? Are you using a usb to serial adapter? If so, what brand?

And what is the number that shows up after "Failed to Unlock System"? 55? 125?

harleypitbull1

#46 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I am pretty sure it was 125, Its the code it gives you when the computer is not powered up. It worked like 30 mins before that because I reloaded me map and throttle cals before I ever tried to start it. It is a Rev 5 harness, how could something go wrong with the harness with it just sitting on a lift?

jesshamner

#47 Post by jesshamner »

Does the green light on the cable light up?

wistech

#48 Post by wistech »

Yes does your headlights light up or have power to the headlight wires when the switch is moved to that position. Maybe you ignition switch bullet connectors came apart.

harleypitbull1

#49 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Headed back to work now. The quad is there. The starter works when you hit the button so the ignition switch would have to be working, I think. But I will check as soon as I get back. Any other ideas?

harleypitbull1

#50 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Wistech, yes the headlight plugs have 12 volts. What do I check now? I dont have a computer in it now because I sent it to optimum. Where do I go to next?