Hopefully its the flywheel

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

Checking that is easy just take your clutch cover off and look to see if teeth sheared on scavenge pump gear.If they did yes motor will have to come out and pump taken apart.Magnets bud they save problems like this almost 100%.

harleypitbull1

#62 Post by harleypitbull1 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 10 2007, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Checking that is easy just take your clutch cover off and look to see if teeth sheared on scavenge pump gear.If they did yes motor will have to come out and pump taken apart.Magnets bud they save problems like this almost 100%.

I talked to someone yesterday evening and they said to start the quad back up and see if any oil was pumping through the frame where your fill plug is. I took out the plug and started it and saw no oil flowing. So I am assuming that something is sheared on the pump.

harleypitbull1

#63 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Another blonde moment or maybe I am just stupid. I can only see 1 of the black plastic gears when you take off the clutch cover. It looks fine. Am I looking at the right thing?

harleypitbull1

#64 Post by harleypitbull1 »

C27 The middle gear is busted completely in half. I will have to pull the motor AGAIN to check it. Where were you talking about putting magnets? I am sure something came down through the head when the decomp failed and caused this.

cannondale27

#65 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that sucks but at least you didnt run it and wreck anything serious.I put magnets everywhere.I believe kdeal has some that fit nicely right by the return hole in the head.Oil goes down that and into scavenger pump.Its really important to look for oil flow as a habit.I also drilled and tapped the valvecover and put a screw in magnet there so I can check for debris without removing cover.