engine dimensions

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
myEXgotstolen

#11 Post by myEXgotstolen »

would i not be able to use the EFI off the dale?? if not, why? and, exhaust i would think would be easy enough to fabricate, seeing as there would be no airbox in the subframe so there would be plenty of space... the intake i'm not sure about.... my friend has a yzf lsr chassis, so i'll go measure and see what should and shouldn't fit where....we'll see. if i do it, it won't be for awhile because of the $$$, but i would certainly take a ton of pictures. thanks again for the input... more is welcome and appreciated. smile.gif

myEXgotstolen

#12 Post by myEXgotstolen »

well after a quick couple measurements of my friend's yz lsr chassis....it would be a tight fit, maybe have to notch the frame a slight bit, but other than that i think it would be alright. we also measured his 86 R frame, and i don't see how we'd fit it in there...i think the gap from the top to bottom frame rails was like 14 or 15 in? too short... the yz chassis seemed good though...right around 17, maybe a hair more

so wanablaze(or anyone else)...how come the cannondale EFI wouldn't work?

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

The head should fit between the rails of YFZ chassis its tight but will make it so hieght should be okay.Only issue with fuel injection is if there is room for throttlebody.Will it clear stem,radiator or bar behind it?The 17in tall included the very bottom of motor so some could fit between bottom rails also.Just so it isnt below them.

wanablaze

#14 Post by wanablaze »

I would guess that it would if you used most of the components and wiring harness. I think you need closer to 18 inches height for the motor, though. Do you have exact measurements yet? I just shipped a cdale motor (Dad's) and I'm pretty sure it was like 17.75" tall.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

With coil in it would be that tall I didnt have coil in when I measured.

wanablaze

#16 Post by wanablaze »

Gotcha. The coil was in the motor we measured. You're right, though. As long as the frame was wide enough the motor could slide down into the frame maybe an inch or more. You might have to come up with some kind of bent intake tube.

myEXgotstolen

#17 Post by myEXgotstolen »

hmmm...so basically, the only way to know for sure is to just buy it and try. ****. haha...well, when i have the money i'll pick up a motor, and we'll try and test fit it into his lsr, and if that seems like it'll work, i can invest in my own chassis. if it doesn't seem like it'll work, i can always build up a dale instead....

if anyone has any other ideas/suggestions/input/whatever, please post smile.gif

thanks again

speed 450mx

#18 Post by speed 450mx »

where do you live?

myEXgotstolen

#19 Post by myEXgotstolen »

a few thousand miles from you, lol...

massachusetts