My first rebuild

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
PAT GILL

#1 Post by PAT GILL »

Im just to happy after my first cannondale engine rebuild and i have to tell someone.I got a 02 cannibal that was in boxes (and lots of them).I have spent the last 2 months cleaning and taking inventory on all the parts in all the boxes.I got it from a local bike shop that was going to part it out. He had bought it off of the original owner that had taken it to a yamaha shop to get it repaired (crank bearing) and all they did was take it apart as far as they could and it stayed that way for a year an a half. Then my local dealer got it and it sat again for 1 1/2 years.He knew that i fooled with them (X440S) and told me that if i sold any parts for him i would get half the money.

I ask him what he had sold off of it and he said nothing.So i ask what do you want for it as is and he said do you still have your 1980 pe 175 and i told him yes. Bring it to me and you can have the cannondale.I had $350.00 in the pe so I couldnt get home quick enough to load it up and get back to him before he changed his mind.Tonight i hit the starter for the first time after i got some great parts from canniboomer and my rebuilt timbomoose crankshaft and it worked out just like we all would want.Hit the green button three times and it was running.It has no oil ,coolant,or transmission oil drips anywhere on the floor (and yes i put it all in).This is truly a great day biggrin.gif

hawksd1

#2 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (PAT GILL @ Apr 2 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im just to happy after my first cannondale engine rebuild and i have to tell someone.I got a 02 cannibal that was in boxes (and lots of them).I have spent the last 2 months cleaning and taking inventory on all the parts in all the boxes.I got it from a local bike shop that was going to part it out. He had bought it off of the original owner that had taken it to a yamaha shop to get it repaired (crank bearing) and all they did was take it apart as far as they could and it stayed that way for a year an a half. Then my local dealer got it and it sat again for 1 1/2 years.He knew that i fooled with them (X440S) and told me that if i sold any parts for him i would get half the money.

I ask him what he had sold off of it and he said nothing.So i ask what do you want for it as is and he said do you still have your 1980 pe 175 and i told him yes. Bring it to me and you can have the cannondale.I had $350.00 in the pe so I couldnt get home quick enough to load it up and get back to him before he changed his mind.Tonight i hit the starter for the first time after i got some great parts from canniboomer and my rebuilt timbomoose crankshaft and it worked out just like we all would want.Hit the green button three times and it was running.It has no oil ,coolant,or transmission oil drips anywhere on the floor (and yes i put it all in).This is truly a great day biggrin.gif

congratulations I got mine in boxes also...Its very nerve racking hitting that button for the first time

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

Awesome to hear! You should definitely be proud... Now go tear it up!