Cannibal stopped running

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ABM-CANNIBAL

#1 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

This weekend I went riding and everything was working perfectly. Towards the end of the ride I was going through some woops and my quad shut off. Started it up and took off about another mile. All of a sudden my quad started to want to turn off and wouldn't rev. Then it died and wouldn't start again. When I turn the key to the on position I hear a buzzing sound instead of the fuel pump priming. I took off the front plastics because it sounded like the computer. The bolt that holds the computer to the tray was loose so I tightened it up. Same thing but I narrowed down the buzzing to the relays. Everytime you turn the key to on the relays buzz and vibrate. Do you think that it is just the relays went bad and need to be replaced. Where can I get them.

Thanks,
Josh

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds like either bad ground or your battery is shot.The relays buzz when they dont have enough current going through to fully activate them.

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

I agree, just had this the other day, and it was a bad battery...

ABM-CANNIBAL

#4 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I will check out the battery but it is pretty new. I just got it from Dave and it is the higher cranking amp battery.

I don't know if it matters but mine is the 500 computer.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Any other opinions. I am goint to work on it this weekend.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

maybe check your charging output with a voltmeter across the battery while running. A 2003 here yesterday had the later stator with the extended sleeve for added protection under the stator clip -- but time and vibration wore through that anyway, and two of the yellow wires were just barely starting to ground out on the metal clip -- before fixing it, I only got 13.1 volts charging at high idle 3000. After a shielding fix, it's now putting out 14.4 at the same rpm.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#7 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I found out what the problem was. It was a bad battery.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (ABM-CANNIBAL @ May 7 2007, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found out what the problem was. It was a bad battery.

whew! i didn't see this thread before....glad to hear you found the problem. cool.gif