Inj Offset on stock motors

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Not sure if anyone has a stock motor anymore but I was just curious as to what your injector calibrations were. I had a little backfiring when I would decelerate so I tuned it out yesterday before the race. I went from 1.15 to .6 to get the backfire out. I also dropped the flowrate from 2400 to 2200. It seemed to run great. I didn't get time to do a plug chop so I'll be doing that soon to make sure the flowrate is good. And there was absolutely no backfiring at all.

Is anyone else's inj offset this low? I know they're not going to all be the same but I thought they might not even be in the same ballpark. Factory settings for mine were 2400/1.15

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

These systems should have a little pop and/or rumble on deacceleration when tuned correctly. That is because the engine is trying to run and decrease the engine braking effect. Cannondale designed them like that.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I understand a little pop and rumble but I'm talking like every time I let off the gas it would pop. Even when in neutral. Flames shot out of the can on every decel.

yamadjs08

#4 Post by yamadjs08 »

Wait, you had to lean it out even more to get the pop to go away? .6 sounds kind of low, but maybe its just me. Lowest on any of our quads is .8 I think. I thought with the offset you had to go up to richen it. And a pop on decel would mean a lean condition right?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Right.Check your exhaust for leaks also.I had one exhaust that banged like a shotgun.Have heard quite a few people with same issue.Last thing we need is people tuning thier quads just because crummy exhaust leaks.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't think it should be that low. I never thought about a leak though. It would have to be at the head. The other connection is tight. I'll take a look at it this week and let you guys know.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

I checked the nuts that hold the header on. A couple could be torqued a little more but it wasn't like they were really loose. I'll hook the D&M kit up to it later this week and see what happens when I raise the offset back up.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

If you have a TiPipe they can crack right at weld where it goes into head.The BlackWidow exhaust can leak right at bungs where tubes fit over by the head.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

Nope...stock 02 header.

PAT GILL

#10 Post by PAT GILL »

I have a 2002 cannibal that the setting are untouched but my 2002 x440s has offset lowered from 1.55 to .70.If i try to set it back up to 1.55 the plug will be toast within 5 minutes.I cant say why one needs no changes and the other need so much but thats what works for me.