im al little scared of my motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
iWantaTurbo

#11 Post by iWantaTurbo »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 1 2007, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very well put Kdeal agree fully.

iwanaturbo if you update the crank and its good yet piston and sleeve are still good yet.Get yourself a open filter setup,exhaust and port the head and you could easily get 50hp out of it.Probably for less than $1000 with exhaust.Lots of options and variables all affect price.Timbo is who you talk to about porting and if crank is good there are a couple places doing them including Timbo.If its bad then you need to decide on keeping stock stroke or more stroke.If going stock stroke talk to BlackWidow for a new crank.Stroking it talk to Timbo.Doing the assembly work yourself will save you a ton.Help is here.

wow this is not turning out to bad at all. now do i want to beat the 700 raptor this year or next year? biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

It costs more than $115 to do this at the best. You should replace a couple of gaskets while you have it apart and then there are a few more updates to do while you have it apart. Aluminum impellar and valve cover if it is corroded really bad.

Now, for the doom and gloom. I would bet you $100 right now your crank will be not be usable when you get it torn apart. The crank may feel very good and not have any play in it but when you press it apart you will find a very large gouge where the bearing was digging into the pin and the rod will have the bearing surface worn down to a nice little ridge in the middle.

I know, blast me but its the truth. A new stock crank will run you $400+ but you could get lucky and find a good used one out there somewhere. The way I look at it you should look at the worst case scenario when evaluating to do this. Then you won't be shocked if it happens.

$1000 for all the updates and you should be pretty set. You will have a super reliable motor and be good to go for a long time.