Replacement ECM Connectors???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
h2orider

#1 Post by h2orider »

Hello everyone,
I have a little bit of a problem, I am doing an engine rebuild on an X440S and decided to strip the bike to the frame so I could clean and inspect everything. In the process of all of this I have found that one of the connectors that plugs into the ECM (Engine Control Module) appears to have been shorted and melted at some point in the past. I have figured out how to remove the individual sockets from the plug assembly and the socket is damaged as well (see pics), however, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get a new connector assembly and socket. It looks like they are made by Cinch Connector Co., however, when I go to their site and download their catalog, I do not see this particular connector style. Is this an OEM proprietary part? Has anyone else had to replace this connector?

Also, does nyone know where I can get a parts manual for the chassis?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jared

Easy E

#2 Post by Easy E »

Interesting, that pin (P2C4) is chassis ground. Someone may have seriously shorted that at some time. I believe those are produced by Cinch. I would contact them (Google search for "Cinch Connectors") or possibly a forum member here with a trashed wiring harness they would part with.

Easy E

#3 Post by Easy E »

Oh yes, as for the parts manual:

http://www.cannondaler.com/manuals.php

Half way down the list "02 X440 Parts Catalog"

iceracer17

#4 Post by iceracer17 »

I have a mostly complete harness for $40 with pretty much everything but the start/stop and ignition key.

yamadjs08

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

I believe it would be easier hunting down a harness rather than buying a whole new connector.

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

You could call Cinch on Monday and ask about the connector. Looks like the part number would be a pbt-gf20.

I will also give ATK a call monday and see if they have those ends. I know they carry the ends like what go on your fuel injectors.

Also, optimum may have them as they are designed for their ecu's.
http://www.optimum-power.com/main.htm

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

The same connectors are used on 206 Peugeot cars on the Marelli 48P range of ECUs. They are Grey and black colour coding, just the same as ours.... The housing style is slighly different but they work just the same..... I looked into making a brand new loom with lightweight wire to shed some ounces........ You can get terminals and housings from a Peugeot dealer if you have one handy.....

h2orider

#8 Post by h2orider »

Cool, thanks everyone!
It sounds like I have several options. At this point, I am going to try to find a new connector since my harness is in otherwise good condition. I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks,
Jared

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

I checked and ATK doesn't have these on hand.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Give Dave Muller a call, aka canniboomer. He made kits with some like connectors before and I bet he can get you one. But it'll probobly cost a little.