Cannibal not starting

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Post a pic of your flywheel with the nut and washer off. Straight on with good light. Then we should be able to tell if the flywheel is spun.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#12 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

No starting at all. Not even a sign of trying to start . It just cranks and cranks. I think I am getting fuel. When it is cranking you can see the return fuel being pumped back into the gas tank. I will get the pic for you wistech.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

take the air filter off and spray some starter fluid down the throat. Just because the fuel is returning to the tank doesn't mean the injectors are spraying. There could be junk in the fuel that plugged up the injectors. I wouldn't have thought it possible with a good fuel filter on there but I have seen it with my own eyes. It was just weird.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#14 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I will try the starting fluid.

MyCannibal

#15 Post by MyCannibal »

maybe your idle screw backed out?

ABM-CANNIBAL

#16 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Ok, here is what I did yesterday. Sprayed starting fluid in the intake and tried to start it. Nothing. Put a tube in the spark plug hole and turned the flywheel till tube was at highest point. Slot was pointing at 12:00. Here are the pictures of the flywheel. Please take a look and let me know if it looks like it spun.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Your flywheel is pinned so it cant be spun. You said it stops cranking? Did you test the battery yet or replace it ? These wont start if they dont turn over with at least some speed. If it is stopping while at tdc then your decomp might be broken or your battery is just that far gone. Whats your voltage while cranking? Use a voltmeter.

Speed 1B

#18 Post by Speed 1B »

Could this be a bad decomp??

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Could be one that is always stuck open but that is really rare and they almost always will fire a bit.Must be timing or compression related though if it didnt fire with ether.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#20 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I haven't put a new battery yet. I have been using jumper cables with my truck off. I didn't think there was a point in buying a battery if I can't get it to start. I would just end up killing it. It cranks fine until you give it any throttle. When you give it any throttle it doesn't quit cranking, it just seems like it has a hard time turning over the motor.