z400 crank?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
gabbyb3

#1 Post by gabbyb3 »

i am new to this whole thing..i just found this site and its great, full of helpfull people... heres my question.. is the z 400 crank the one out of a suzuki ltz 400? sorry for bieing dumb on this..i use to just send my other blaze to rrp in stewertsville nj to have all my work done....

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Z400 crank refers to a Cannondale crankshaft with a Z400 big end connecting rod bearing installed. The bearing is fairly inexpensive, but the installation process is fairly involved. The crank halves must be seperated, and the bearing installed, then the halves must be fit back together, mated so they are a perfect fit and the counterweights are balanced perfectly.... Black Widow and Timbomoose both perform this service flawlessly and inexpensively. If a crank's wear is questionable, I prefer to send it to Timbomoose, as he is a bit more apt to repair the unit and keep a crank in circulation, so to speak. Black Widow prefers a crank in excellent condition, with no visible wear. Both have their valid points.