a quiet exhaust... please

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
gabbyb3

#1 Post by gabbyb3 »

looking for a quiter exhaust. i have the fmf ti on my blaze now and its way too loud. what would you guys recomend for a decnt quiet system.. im willing to trade for a good quiet system.

speed2424

#2 Post by speed2424 »

The toaster is the quietest stock system.

ozarkdaler

#3 Post by ozarkdaler »

Yep I see you have one of the toaster for sale in another post gabby. Are you wanting something quieter than that it may be hard. BW does have a quiet core AC exhaust but I do not think it will be quieter than the toaster. I do not know this for sure though.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Talk to Canniboomer.You can buy quiet core for your Ti pipe and if that still isnt quiet enough mods can be made to the quiet core to easily make it as quiet as you want.Also the quietest stock system was the 02round exhaust but it was very restrictive.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 29 2007, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....Also the quietest stock system was the 02round exhaust but it was very restrictive.

I agree, with the old style round can you can really hear how bad the motor itself sounds.....

If you want to shut the motor up a bit Hanover Gear did make some primary drives that had ground teeth and were supposed to be tighter clearance..... however, the set I bought had .001" more backlash than the stock cut gears.....

.... BUT if you use the stock crank gear with the ground basket the backlash is almost halved. I haven't run mine in this config but I expect it should be a fair bit quieter than stock.

I bought mine through RS performance, they were a bit less than $400 if I remember right....

The ground basket part number is 6000327 HG 2245/1

Much cheaper than the above is a tube of silicone stuck to the inside of your cover, but, personally, I wouldn't fancy it coming adrift......

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Another option for engine noise is the European engine sidecovers.(Black plastic covers) that entirely enclose the motor and all the exposed frame.On the order of the 4x4's and such.Canniboomer has them.I plan to try them this winter to try keeping motor and frame warmer in cold.Not sure how much heat they will cause in summer though.

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 30 2007, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another option for engine noise is the European engine sidecovers.(Black plastic covers) that entirely enclose the motor and all the exposed frame.On the order of the 4x4's and such.Canniboomer has them.I plan to try them this winter to try keeping motor and frame warmer in cold.Not sure how much heat they will cause in summer though.

Didn't know about those.....

Strange too, me being in Europe.....

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

You guys got all kinds of different stuff.Check out this plastic.Kind of on same order as the black panels but doesnt cover motor.[attachment=4894:funnycannondale8qq.jpg]

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 29 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys got all kinds of different stuff.Check out this plastic.Kind of on same order as the black panels but doesnt cover motor.[attachment=4894:funnycannondale8qq.jpg]

Actually, the above picture IS with using the black Euro Cover, ..... that one is custom trimmed and painted. I still have the full black panels for $50/pair, and note the molded radiator scoop is part of the panel.

For an FMF Quiet insert for the Moto/Blaze pipe, (good for 6db), I have them in stock for $30 shipped.

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

A quiet core in an HMF does a pretty good job. I've never checked db's, but it definitely takes the bite out of the exhaust note. I'd say it's definitely a little louder than the toaster. The toaster has a cool, unique sound to it.