Cannondale Problems Motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
steriledaryl

#1 Post by steriledaryl »

Hi, I have a 2002 Cannibal. It has a new 450 kit new crank with z 400, cannonboomer port and polish, hmf, cannonboomer intake, cannonboomer tank update and all the other updates needed. I probley have at least 4000 in the quad now. I am thinking I may have made a mistake. Everytime I take it out something else brakes and I dont beat on my quad just a nice cruise on a gravel road.

Here is what happened last. I was just driving in 3 gear aroud half throttle and it dies on me for no reason. Then it will turn over and back fire. I cant get it started. So I know i an getting fuel and spark and I looked at the flywheel and it has not spun on the crank. What else can it be???

wayneschofield

#2 Post by wayneschofield »

You say you looked and the flywheel hasn't spun on the crank.... has it spun on itself?

The 'c' on 'cannondale' on the flywheel should be in line with the keyway in the crank. they should be at the top at TDC also.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

Did you check to make sure your connections where all tight, battery cable, crank position sensor, fuel injector connectors.

steriledaryl

#4 Post by steriledaryl »

Thanks for all your guys help. It was the flywheel. It spun and got cought on the key so it looked fine when i took the nut off but the key was broken. It is fixed thanks again guys.