Shifting Problems

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
fourwhls

Shifting Problems

#1 Post by fourwhls »

I know you guys do some mods to the tranny pack on our dales. Does this mod improve or effect shifting or is it just a reliability issue?

I am have a little trouble getting my dale to shift into 4th or 5th under extreme acceleration. If I pull in the clutch and let the motor RPMs drop significantly, it will shift right in. If I stay in the throttle, it want to stick into third.

Quite a few holeshots have been lost due to this problem, so I figured it was about time to find a solution.

fourwhls

#2 Post by fourwhls »

What???....Am I the red headed step child???????

justfine

what the????????

#3 Post by justfine »

losing holeshots because of fourth and fifth gear shifting problems? Try second gear. What oil are you using? Try Redline or Klotz, might fix your problem...........

DirtDragon

#4 Post by DirtDragon »

I am having the same problem. Usually only 4th gear is tough to shift into. I have heard that switching oil helps.

southbaymoto

#5 Post by southbaymoto »

I understand your problems, the transmissions have their flaws. The tolorence is too loose and the gears are machined incorrectly. Although I have not seen many failures the performance lacks.

Our kits contain mods. to cure these issues. We tighten the tolorance, remachine the gears and modify the detent system. This allows for easier shifting (it will click into gear instead of knotching in as it tends to do stock), reliability, less noise, and you can find neutral when the engine is runnung.

Wade
SBM