exhaust setup(slip on)

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
blackgixxer

#1 Post by blackgixxer »

R the cannondale specific slip ons for our quads?i ask because i have some slip ons available in my garage and the ability to bend the exhaust pipe.also do the cannondales need to be remapped when a slip on is added?02 canibal

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Yes, like HMF... You can use whatever canister you like though, not guaranteed to work (flow) as good as some others. My friends use the Supertrapp universal megaphones with no discs in. Those go on pretty easily. I can probably get pictures of them.

You will want to remap for the pipe, depending on the map you have now. The Cannibal map has the most advanced timing of them all to compensate for the "toaster" exhaust canister. The long runner stock stainless header are just fine for power, and we consistently get 45 hp on the dyno with a slip on, open air filter (boomer intake) and moto map. Once you get a D&M kit I may be able to email you the modified Moto map we use as our baseline. It has reduced timing on the bottom of the map for easier starting. The regular Moto map has advanced timing all the way down below idle, which is why when you are starting them and let off the start button you hear a "CRACK". The timing is stopping the engine very quickly.

I have wanted to try a Yosh can on these, or a D&D...

blackgixxer

#3 Post by blackgixxer »

i was leaning towards the yosh pipe,i run those on my streetbikes and like them alot.never a big fan of d&d.Waiting on boomer now so i can get the cable and d&m setup so i can start learning and tinkering with the dale i just got.thanks for the advice

blackgixxer

#4 Post by blackgixxer »

deatons,i had a chance to get a can on the dale from a suzuki tl1000(flows a 500 cc a side)and it fits up nice.the dale sounds very good,not very loud and annoying,seems to have a tad more torque down low with no effecct on the top end.i am going to swap on a yoshi carbon pipee this weekend after i get the fan fixed but i'll post how it goes.i have no dyno so i only have ''seat of pants'' test.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

We will certainly need pics, because I love Yosh carbon cans.... If you can get some to easily bolt up it would be GREAT to send one to one of the dyno testers, so they can see how it flows numbers-wise..... How about a Shorty Termignoni!! (They make them for an R6)

blackgixxer

#6 Post by blackgixxer »

i can make the plate and the short 45 degree bend that will slip on the stock dale header and bolt to the can.i will make an extra one this week and send u one out so u can play with it.i have a machine shop in my garage so i can pretty much make anything as long as i can get time away from the fiance,lol.funny about the term pipe.i have one here right now for my buddys 06 r6.we trieed a 2 brothers short can but it was way way too loud(pretty much straight threw because u keep the cat on the r6 ith that setup.)i like the streetbike cans.they exit flush with the rear grab bar and i had one here to try so it was no money out of pocket.gimme a few days,probably to the weekend and i will get u the adapter sent out so u can bolt up any 4 bolt can.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Yoshimura does very nice work.You gotta post a pic of this please.

blackgixxer

#8 Post by blackgixxer »

the next few nights are for getting my gixxer to the powdercoaters then im gonna play with the dale.i'll get a pic up of the carbon can and the stock gsxr can also.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

Hey, we should get someone else to volunteer for the dyno test, simply because I only get there when cdsracer and I are dialing ours or helping a friend, and all of ours are dialed now!

Perhaps Wistech or Timbomoose would be interested in this, because there are a lot of beautiful sportbike cans available.

So, you have to use the 4 bolt flanged slip on style? I never really liked those, because they are a bit unsightly. It would be neat to just slip a universal style into the header and hold it there with the clamp and maybe something else (FMF Ti uses springs like on a racing header system).