Clutch problems

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

I see . You might want to install the stockers and retry. Never heard of an issue with clutch slippage unless there was something out of adjustment. The fx400 clutches were upgraded to the heavy duty clutch that the 02 and newer engines use. I believe the problem ones were gold colored and the plates were aluminum.
The heavier springs might be the ticket for the nitrous engines.

Sand_Blaster

#12 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Yup I tried my stock springs as well with no result still locks up. You think maybe if I readjusted it and just rode it and see if it fixes it self? or would it be to hard on my "brand new " cp piston?

peterock

#13 Post by peterock »

I think it's been mentioned, but pull the cover off the side and pull the clutch lever in. Do you see the pressure plate move at all?

Did you remember to place the little metal ball back in?

Do you have the thick or thin fiber plates?

How many steal and fiber plates do you have in?

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

I think I remember having a slight drag on one of the race quads. I put it in 5th gear,held the brakes and did a couple of full power slippage stalls. Must have had some high spots that burned smooth after that. Is your clutch just totally locked up or just dragging hard on the release? Can you feel it in the lever pulling the pressure plate off the pack.

Sand_Blaster

#15 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I have the stock thin fiber plates. I have nine of them.
Yes the pressure plate moves in and out.
I have everything installed correctly.( everything there thats needed)

Yah when I pull in the clutch lever and try to turn the tires by hand it just drags really hard. It just takes alot of strength to move the tires.

thanks for the help guys this is keeping me going on the Dale.