Flow numbers for head..

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Crazie

#1 Post by Crazie »

Just looking for some typical numbers.

Has anyone flow tested from TB to exhaust?

I'm going to let a friend do some experiments, and he has access to a flow bench. We were just looking for numbers that are typical of a decent porting job. All input is welcome!

Thanks.

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

flow numbers mean nothing if you dont put it on the dyno to see the hp results, you can use them as a baseline but in the hp is the determining factor on a good port job

Crazie

#3 Post by Crazie »

The plan will be to get it on a dyno, but unfortunately the dyno is harder to get than the flow bench. As it is, we'll have the stocker to use initially, since I'm giving him two heads.

I know most, if not all of you guys use the dyno, but was just wondering if anyone has flow tested to get the numbers. We'll also be throwing around some ideas for other areas to see what happens.

I'm not sure if we'll find anything that hasn't already been found, but at least I can learn a lot in the process.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Contact Timbo.He has spent alot of time on Flowbench.I believe he is flowing the head with the huge intake soon.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

"Has anyone flow tested from TB to exhaust?"

Have tested with throttlebody,airbox, and filter on and fmf ti exhaust on with stock head will get the #'s for you.

Crazie

#6 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (timbomoose @ Apr 1 2008, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Has anyone flow tested from TB to exhaust?"

Have tested with throttlebody,airbox, and filter on and fmf ti exhaust on with stock head will get the #'s for you.

Very nice! Any numbers will be appreciated. I'm not sure how soon I'll get this going, but we just want some sort of a baseline for numbers prior to putting it all together and heading to a dyno.