fuel injection, starter, fuel pump, bad pickup lines?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rocketcannon

#1 Post by rocketcannon »

So i got an 01 Cannibal and put a new fuel pump in it cuz the old one was shot. put 'er in there some fresh gas and went to start it but it just cranks. mind you the starter is on the fritz and have to time it to catch the gear to turn the motor over. i can usually get it and well it still just cranks. low battery is a problem but battery charger is working. could this be a problem with the fuel injection? bad gas lines? i'm sure it wouldn't hurt to change the lines anyway but wtf! another question and this one seems silly, but uh how do you tell witch end is the top of the fuel pump and witch is the bottom and witch end does it pump from? you guys are the all-mighty-knowing and would like to be headed in the same direction but first things first you got a compass?

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (CanniballisticRider @ May 30 2008, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i got an 01 Cannibal and put a new fuel pump in it cuz the old one was shot. put 'er in there some fresh gas and went to start it but it just cranks. mind you the starter is on the fritz and have to time it to catch the gear to turn the motor over. i can usually get it and well it still just cranks. low battery is a problem but battery charger is working. could this be a problem with the fuel injection? bad gas lines? i'm sure it wouldn't hurt to change the lines anyway but wtf! another question and this one seems silly, but uh how do you tell witch end is the top of the fuel pump and witch is the bottom and witch end does it pump from? you guys are the all-mighty-knowing and would like to be headed in the same direction but first things first you got a compass?

I believe the end with the wiring coming out of it is the feed side. The other end is coming from the tank.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

When you tap the starter button,see if your getting fuel in the fuel filter,its called primeing the fuel pump.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Look in your gas tank and see if fuel is returning into your gas tank WHILE you're cranking. After that go ahead and pull your sparkplug, because chances are it is fouled, and nearly impossible to clear out. Make sure the plug is a CR8EK or CR8EIX (Iridium), they foul less than the CR9s (thanks for that tip WISTECH!!!). You are going to want to thumb the button twice before cranking it over. A quick stab of the button will cycle the fuel pump, and pressurize the system, as mentioned above. If it doesn't start within a long crank after priming, then start priming again (start over!). Come back and tell us what is happening....

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Fuel, Spark, Compression and timing and it will run.

rocketcannon

#6 Post by rocketcannon »

Ok tried that and still turning over with out firing replaces some broken hoses the fuel pump is working but starter is 'slipping' I think the starter clutch is screwed up sometimes it catches and cranks but still won't fire and run just cranking. Anything else it could be ... Thanks