Dale is Sick

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

#21 Post by chigger81 »

ok, new stator, new battery, jb weld worked really well. I started it, rode for about 2 minutes. Went down the hill and smashed the throttle in 4th. I hit fifth, and it felt like I ran out of gas. It died, and I walked back to the house for the 4th time this month. Every time I get on that bike, I walk home. lol Any ideas? The fuel return is squirting out strong. It turns over like a champ. I cant smell any fumes after turning it over. Im pretty sure its not getting any fuel?? wacko.gif

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Flywheel?

chigger81

#23 Post by chigger81 »

well, in the couple minutes I ran it, it had charged the battery up pretty good. It was weak when I left, but it turned over quite a few times after it died. I will pull it and observe. How do you check for a spun one? I think mine has been pinned, not sure.

thedeatons

#24 Post by thedeatons »

Remove plastic flywheel cover. Remove flywheel nut/washer. Verify woodruff keyway on flywheel is aligned perfectly with the "C" in the word "Cannondale".

quadracer500

#25 Post by quadracer500 »

That kind of sounds like mine was doing, except i could ride it all day if i didnt hammer on it as soon as i nailed it , it would either
fall flat on its face or die and not restart for a while. i drilled out all the fittings, changed fuel settings and finally changed the coil on
a whim , and bingo it was fixed.

cdale440r

#26 Post by cdale440r »

same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, i also swapped out my coil and bam fixed it. if u shake the coil and there is a lot of slop in it, that is probably it. it would run fine sometimes but it would just die, or sputter just like it wasnt getting gas.

chigger81

#27 Post by chigger81 »

Got it figured out. It was a stupid mistake. The flywheel key kinda rocked backwards and got pinched in there wrong. When I gave it ****, it just sheared the key off and put it out of time. Its finally running again! But now I'm at school, so I cant ride. lol Thanks to everyone for all the help!