took apart my blown engine

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
desertbound

#31 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (tomi440 @ Aug 23 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lmao, i had no idea, i bought the quad blown a couple weeks ago and im new to cannondales. so i havent been able to drive it yet but it will be a blasttt. do you think the previous owner put the a-arms on reverse for a reason or by mistake lol

If you can get a pic of the front of the quad, I can tell you if the uppers are on right. I definately wouldn't ride it like that.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

Not sure about the a-arms but the tierods are on top when they should be on bottom of spindle also.

MyCannibal

#33 Post by MyCannibal »

wow that whole front end looks bass ackwards...

tomi440

#34 Post by tomi440 »

I'm glad you guys noticed that haha. If not for you I would have been riding like that. I'll try to find a pic today or tomorrow.

Also, for removing the flywheel do I need to buy the puller, or is there some other way I could do it?

Thanks

tomi440

#35 Post by tomi440 »

Pics: A-arms, quad in pieces so far, my plastics, and a mystery oil nipple that came without a hose on it when I bought the quad. If someone can tell me what it is and where it is supposed to be connected to, that would be awsome!

thanks

311racer

#36 Post by 311racer »

The a-arms look right to me, but the tie rod going to the spindle need to be bolted under on over. Who did you buy this quad from, it looks like the one from canada? Those look like my old full bore fenders.

MyCannibal

#37 Post by MyCannibal »

I believe the mystery oil nipple you're looking at is just an oil drain bolt for the frame...no hose comes on it...if you look theres another oil drain bolt on the clutch side too...to the right of where you fill the tranny with oil...

kdeal

#38 Post by kdeal »

The nipple you are refering to is an oil drain, nothing connnects to it. There is another one on the other side down near where your ankle would be while riding.

desertbound

#39 Post by desertbound »

They look right to me in those pics also. Wierd. The tierod is definately wrong though. The tierod going into the spindle should be facing upward, and the tierod end on the stem side should be on top of the plate. I'll get some pics for you if you want. I guess it was just the angle in the first picture that made it look backawards. I apologize for the confusion. I had those same arms on my yfz and they looked backwards to me.

[attachment=6992:front4s.jpg]

MyCannibal

#40 Post by MyCannibal »

the lower a-arms are correct in the latter photos because he switched em around...they "were" wrong in the first photos...