took apart my blown engine

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

I took pics and posted them somewhere around here. Will look around.

tomi440

#72 Post by tomi440 »

Yesterday I took out my crank to inspect it. I also took out my tranny cartradge plate assembly so i could redrill and tap a broken case-saver to make sure not to drill through into the engine. Everything went smoothly and as planned but after red
locktightening my bolts I started to put my clutch back on.
I slide on my clutch basket and put on the splined washer, with the washer on, my hub will not slide all the way down enough for me to re-install the circlip. The hub sits just a hair above the top of the circlip groove.

Would anyone have any ideas what I've done wrong or how I can solve my problem???...this ones driving me crazy lol

Thanks

tomi440

#73 Post by tomi440 »

anybody?

Canniboomer

#74 Post by Canniboomer »

...so you want a guess?...I dunno, but maybe the tranny plate is not seated fully or twisted?, and allowing the mainshaft to move right-left? Could the tranny filter, sprayer bar, or some debris be wedged or cockeyed in there?

I have heard of one guy using the circlip plus the splined washer behind the hub before, but you obviously know better than that, and are just re-installing the same way as you took it apart.
yep some mystery -- is the clutch basket flush and even with the crank drive gear?

tomi440

#75 Post by tomi440 »

Yea thanks for replying. Yeah everything is flush. This is actually my 3rd time reinstalling the clutch. The first 2 times it was POOF, done, no problems, together in 2 minutes. But this time its a pain. The first thing I thought of too was the plate isn't sitting properly, or isn't all the way down. But I guess I'm going to have to take out my tranny again and see whats going on with this....this one really baffles me. Its like 1mm of change that happened...how it moved 1 mm, I have no clue.

Canniboomer

#76 Post by Canniboomer »

In checking a seated tranny here, the circlip groove starts at 47mm out from the ballbearing race, FYI.

tomi440

#77 Post by tomi440 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Sep 26 2008, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In checking a seated tranny here, the circlip groove starts at 47mm out from the ballbearing race, FYI.

Thank you very much I will check that

cannondale27

#78 Post by cannondale27 »

Check your bolts to see if one is hitting clutch basket.