No fuel pump

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Kuma

#21 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Nov 2 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the stock pump, and the next (higher output) version of the Walbro as used on smaller Fords and misc other vehicles. But beware, most of the common Walbro's these days, and any "universal" EFI pumps will supply enough for up to 500hp, and will drain a lot more battery power. You could get stranded if running with headlights or a weak stator. As for appearance and size, all of the Walbro "externals" use the same casing -- only the stamped part number is different.

I think you should go for the big pump....imagine a 500HP Cannondale laugh.gif

Kuma

#22 Post by Kuma »

Most DC motors will run backwards if you reverse the power leads but I couldn't say if that would be ok with the fuel pump, could hurt the check valves in it. still it could just use a little bump backwards to free up whatever is keeping it from moving.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

I had one that took 3 good smacks on cement floor while hooked to battery. Still running to this day! Figured I had nothing to lose. Be warned alot of gas will come out of there when it does pump even when disconnected from lines.

peterock

#24 Post by peterock »

I have a brand new MSD fuel pump sitting on the shelf as well. This would be the automotive fuel pump. The fuel line connections are slightly different but the pump is the same size. I believe I paid around $90-$100 for it through like NAPA or someone.

I never used it as the stock pumps are close to the same price.

desertbound

#25 Post by desertbound »

No dice on bringing it back. I'm pretty frustrated. I'm really close to just selling this **** thing. I'm not even gonna look at it anymore. I'm not made of money and one thing after another keeps piling up. I'm sure something else will come up after I buy a fuel pump, so I'm just not going to. Thanks for all your guys help. I appreciate your time and help with parts. Maybe if I get around to it I'll get it going before thanksgiving, but I'm not gonna try to hard. $125 doesn't seem like a lot I'm sure but I have already spend hundreds I didn't plan on spending because of problems I have come across. I'm just over it. Thanks again.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

Your to close to take a break man! How about I borrow you a good pump? Ship it priority tomorrow you can give it back to me when we are out riding at Glamis.

Denny08

#27 Post by Denny08 »

I had the same prob with mine ,so I took it and submerged it up to the wire connections in a cup of gas for a couple days, been working fine every since.

UpsMan

#28 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Nov 3 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No dice on bringing it back. I'm pretty frustrated. I'm really close to just selling this **** thing. I'm not even gonna look at it anymore. I'm not made of money and one thing after another keeps piling up. I'm sure something else will come up after I buy a fuel pump, so I'm just not going to. Thanks for all your guys help. I appreciate your time and help with parts. Maybe if I get around to it I'll get it going before thanksgiving, but I'm not gonna try to hard. $125 doesn't seem like a lot I'm sure but I have already spend hundreds I didn't plan on spending because of problems I have come across. I'm just over it. Thanks again.

Welcome to the Cannondale world!! You have achieved one with Cannondaleness. Congratulations!! I can't count how many times I have wanted to put it by the highway with a "FREE" sign on it, just to make it go away.

MyCannibal

#29 Post by MyCannibal »

^^^that makes two of us^^^

desertbound

#30 Post by desertbound »

I appreciate the offer, Steve. I can't do that though. I'll get one. It just may take a day or so for me to cool off a little bit. It's raining here today,(one of the 2 days it does. laugh.gif ) so I'm off work. I may go mess with it today. I filled it with fuel last night when I got done. Maybe that will help it.