reading

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Rookiex

#1 Post by Rookiex »

I have been reading the microfich however you spell it. And the tear down how too and put back together how to's I'm on page 58. So far I've learned timing and valve tear down cam shaft tear down the art of (timing) the motor valve clearance and shimming. It's not that hard justs lots of little pieces in that case man.

Rookiex

#2 Post by Rookiex »

I'm reading this stuff like its the hobbit I turn the crank to TDC look in the plug hole and whats that?????? THE SHIRE

Rookiex

#3 Post by Rookiex »

How do I aquire these tools? Some of these special tools they talk about? I am about to buy them all, buy a motor like a test motor and pull it all apart do all the work to it updates etc. And educate myself hands on because I have just learned so much I've been reading since 12 o'clock last night. kdeal sent me the cannondale work on website for dummies.

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

Off the top of my head the only tool you have to have is a flywheel puller. I think pretty much everything else you can makeshift. Getting the snap ring out of the piston for the wrist pin can be a bit tricky but once you get the right pliers for it its not so bad.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

You can still get the Cannondale Timing Wheels....

Rookiex

#6 Post by Rookiex »

Yes, yes timing wheels. What about when you split the case they have these studs that seem to go into it and help guide the crank case plate off and on?

Rookiex

#7 Post by Rookiex »

And tons of measures devices for Inner Di and outer Di ummm another strange tool to measure the lobes on the cam its almost like a balance reader.

Rookiex

#8 Post by Rookiex »

valve lapper you can get them any where right

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

The studs you can do with out. Most cases already have studs in them so you can just use those.
No need to measure the cam lobes you'll know right a way if there junk or good,or just post a pick of them we'll tell you.
As for lapping the valves just like anything else valve grinding compound done deal, if you do have a bad cam you'll want to put at least new valves on that cam.
You will need a Dial Indicator to measure the crank end play.