humm confused...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kdeal

#21 Post by kdeal »

I replied to your PM. There is a shop less than an hour away that can work on your bike. I was just there last Saturday and they are very willing and able. I even went to the races with them where they smoked the competition! The quad is reining champ and we squeezed a few more ponies out of her. Stay tuned for some pics and rebuild info. They are going for blood in the flat track series on the bikes where there is a 6 time champion!

Rookiex

#22 Post by Rookiex »

Ill find these guys.Thanks for the info.I took 1st and 2nd in my district for 2 years on a cannondale and never really had any problems and this is without the updates raced it 2 season before getting a 450r.Just remember keeping the oil nice and clean but its been along time that we worked on this thing and just to look at a cannondale is overwhelming campared to a 450.You guys are scientests in my eyes and one of these days im going to have to dive in and learn more about it otherwise im not going to be able to keep it running.O yeah Kdeal let me know when you guys hit the races my wife has never seen the quads race before sure would like her to see.

Rookiex

#23 Post by Rookiex »

DANG IT well I got the coil today put the gas tank on and the **** oring o the bottom fuel line plug in tore off front dry rot allowing it to leak gas.I tryed to kinda start it with the new coil but it never fired just cranked.

Let me RE CAP what happed to the quad.

I got it running after 3 years ran great. started fine.Started riding it alittle hard and oil from the clutch/timing chain side came out of a oil outlet hose on the top of the cover.Drained some oil out problem stopped.Started up rode again shut off going up a hill 1st shut off. started up again ran for a second shut off.Pushed home.Started it again ran fine fast and hard hopped off a jump shut off (didnt start) pushed home.Thinking maybe the gas was crappy got some new fuel drained the tank tried again.Did not start and has not started scince.It will crank strong spark good.I ordered a new coil put it in place but then a rubber o ring on gas tank fitting tore and now leaks on the intake end of the gas tank.Still just cranks.

When we worked on it to get it running we took the whole radiator out and flushed it.Is there ANYTHING that could not be hook up right it almost seems electrical.How it kept wanting to run right but kept shut off.

Check list.
1.New battery
2.new plug
3.New coil
4.getting fuel

How can I got the fly wheel bolt off without a inpact?

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Put it in gear and hold the brake on to remove flywheel without a impact.Loctite nut and torque to 35ftlbs when putting it back on.Sure sounds like flywheel spun.

Rookiex

#25 Post by Rookiex »

you know what c27 I hope it is so i can end this crazy egg hunt.Ive learned all however.

Hey where can I get a new fly wheel something beefy if it is spun....What is the remedy?

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

So far best bet is Caniboomer's balanced stock flywheels. Second best is just a plain stock one. Don't mess with any pinned or welded ones they don't help at all.

Rookiex

#27 Post by Rookiex »

Star gate log 13456778 the cannondale has yet to start on planet floridium I have checked numorius possible causes including but not limited too the flux compasitor it seems to be working fine as I put in 67 aluminum beer cans assored in the fashion from the king of beers to the cat piss natural lite, 5 rotten baby dipers and my wifes wedding ring hoping to pay off the cannondale..........Still no luck.

check list for today

1.new battery
2.New plug
3.new fuel filter
4.New coil
5.checked fly wheel the c is pointing stright up to the spark plug as the piston is at TDC eliminating possible spun fly wheel.
6.Tried to by pass suction at the bottom of gas tank due to bad o ring Direct into fuel filter. Looked into gas tank to the return fuel and in was flowing enough to really move the gas around well when trying to start.

Still nothing.

Guys stuffs about to get real serious up in this piece.

MX Quad Dad

#28 Post by MX Quad Dad »

You say it cranks fast? dose it have any compression?

You need fuel, compression and a spark at a reasonable time for it to run. Is it possible for these fuel pressure regulators to drop to or near 0? this would show good flow back to the tank and not let enough go thru the injectors. if you have good spark and flywheel is good, timming should also be good.

With compression release the compression would read low, but someone here should know what is acceptable
next would be fuel. some say to remove the throttle body (and plug or coil) to verify fuel thru the injectors. I might be inclined to remove the air box and poor a once or two of gas down the throttlebody But that is a bit risky. I have lost some hair, eybrows and almost burned the parents house down with that trick

Rookiex

#29 Post by Rookiex »

Well when I pull the plug off and the coil and crank it the fuel will spray out of the hole 2 feet out of the head through the spark plug hole Its got a nice steady spray I can see it heck I can smell it I can even hear it.

compression is good between 70 and 120 psi

2000ex told me to check the selenoide (sp) wires because sometimes they frey and get goober up

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

If you have fuel coming out of plughole it is flooded plug is shot and probably the return quickconnect is plugged or a pinched line or injector stuck open or faulty regulator.Thats alot of fuel.Do you have a fuel pressure guage you can hook up?When cranking fuel should come out in visible pulses.I am calling stuck injector or possibly a ground wire to injector is grounded to frame rather than ecu.