humm confused...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#31 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep it seems like the first problem was the lack of a coil hold-down clamp, which explained why it sputtered and quit running in the first place. Then after all of the tank on-and-offs, the suction O-ring got damaged, so then you would not get enough fuel.

But now with that bad connector bypassed, it seems to be getting too much fuel!? Maybe you had fiddled with the idle screw in the last several days? You could try backing off on the idle screw to start over, and turning it back in about 3 turns after it contacts the bellcrank lever, and turning in more only as needed. You should hear SOME combustion. If your idle screw is too far in, at 10% open for example, you could easily be flooding it. We assume that you are not touching the thumb throttle -- you don't need to do that. You should have about 43 psi fuel pressure and about 6% cold idle without touching anything but the start button.

Rookiex

#32 Post by Rookiex »

c27-Its not like liquid fuel its like a light mist when you hit the starter and the piston comes up to the plug hole its pushing up a light mist of fuel..And it is like pulses to be honest you can see it

Dave-It did back fire for the first time in days/Yes it did mess with the idle screw a little...SHOULD I turn it all the way back out then turning it back in about 3 turns?

Rookiex

#33 Post by Rookiex »

I am going to pull that plug out and let the piston dry a little the idle my friend touched it a little bit in ohio.Then i did a little bit it ran fine back in ohio but down here in fl it just stopped.I dont know what happend.

Rookiex

#34 Post by Rookiex »

im not mad or frustrated just interested guess it give me something to do till i start my new job.Then ill have lots of money heck if it keeps acting up i might just redo the whole thing with my xmas pay check! dave might be getting some extra xmas cash....you too c27 with them shock rebuilds...

MyCannibal

#35 Post by MyCannibal »

yeah that new plug is prolly fouled now...wish it wasnt such a ***** to change those...lol.

Rookiex

#36 Post by Rookiex »

well it sure does spark like a lightening bolt.It sparks a nice white blue look not yellow thats strong spark isnt it?

Rookiex

#37 Post by Rookiex »

http://www.cannondaledirectory.com/tech/se...%20addendum.pdf

read that guys that is very similar to what happend to me....how it shut off and didnt start again....

this happend after i washed it???

page 2 tell me what you think..

Rookiex

#38 Post by Rookiex »

pulled off the relay inside the computer box.This thing was full of crud grime oil I dont even see how it connected right.After 3 years of sitting im sure this doesnt help matters.The metal prongs they are covered in a oil like film and ontop was lots of dirt and stuff.I wonder if this may have been the cause the stalling and not starting as told in the link i posted above.

Any ideas for cleaning the inside of the relay i would imagin if the plug was this bad the inside must be the same.

MyCannibal

#39 Post by MyCannibal »

yes those relays do get clogged up because of the filter grease and dirt...did you clean it up and try to start it?

Rookiex

#40 Post by Rookiex »

Well i tried and i played with the idle a little what do you think is the best idle avrage from all the way in then backing it off from there? Im at a true loss I have no idea what to do anymore im a little sad because I loved that quad and all it does is crank crank crank i hear a little poof poof and one back fire right when i go to start it.I dont know guys I just dont know... unsure.gif