I hate to bring this up but ......

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Crazie

#11 Post by Crazie »

Well, I guess there goes that idea. It's not bad when the quad is off, but when I stop, I find myself giving up on neutral a lot!! Although I did find it's a bit easier (for me anyway) if I rev the engine slightly while trying to get there.

Thanks for the input!

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Neutral finding gets easier as tranny breaks in.I run Spectro 80 gear lube I swear I can feel a difference compared to motor oil.I ran the Honda gearlube also and it worked well but costed more.

Oil advice: use synthetic and change it as often as you can the more changes the better.

Checking oil:I look for flow level doesnt matter as much as flow.When I change oil I put 1.5qts in and check flow.

Crazie

#13 Post by Crazie »

By checking flow you mean leaving the dipstick out and making sure you see a river? Just trying to get an idea. I seem to learn a lot every day I'm on here.

claas900

#14 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Crazie @ Dec 9 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I guess there goes that idea. It's not bad when the quad is off, but when I stop, I find myself giving up on neutral a lot!! Although I did find it's a bit easier (for me anyway) if I rev the engine slightly while trying to get there.

Thanks for the input!

The best way I have found is to pull the clutch in wile rolling to my stop. But it does get easier to do once you get use to it.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Crazie @ Dec 10 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By checking flow you mean leaving the dipstick out and making sure you see a river? Just trying to get an idea. I seem to learn a lot every day I'm on here.

Yes thats exactly what I do.

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I check for flow like 27 recomends and I do the 1.5 qts. at oil changes. but I left the dipstick in tacked. Mine dosen't seem to rub though. and I always check it both ways.

I use 10w40 year round but, am tring to get up the nerve to try 0w30

A thought about the neutral. both of my quads sem to be getting a little worse finding neutral and both quads still have the old style (Thin metal plates) discs. I know the inner one tends to curl and I should replace them. The quad dosen't seem to jump or creep while in gear but, has anybody noticed an improvement in finding neutral after updateing the clutch?

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

Nope.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

No me either.Only way to get them smoother is beat on the tranny.It likes it.Full power clutchless shifts are no sweat for it.Try a gear oil it may help.Spectro and others are thin like a motor oil but are 80wt rated.Maybe even the Redline slime would help.If it really bothers you there is a mod that can be done next time you remove engine.Timbo and Wistech do it.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Oops double post.

Crazie

#20 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 10 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No me either.Only way to get them smoother is beat on the tranny.It likes it.Full power clutchless shifts are no sweat for it.Try a gear oil it may help.Spectro and others are thin like a motor oil but are 80wt rated.Maybe even the Redline slime would help.If it really bothers you there is a mod that can be done next time you remove engine.Timbo and Wistech do it.

The only time I'm ever really annoyed is when it's off, and in gear and I need to roll it somewhere. Not a lot really.....I'll probably just live with it.