starting problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
13vete

#1 Post by 13vete »

i was riding it for about 20 minuets and it was running fine. Then i went back to my house for a second then started it back up and it started fine. Then i was riding it and it shut off and now it wont start back up, and it is making a clicking sound and wont start like the battery is dead

desertbound

#2 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (13vete @ Dec 18 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was riding it for about 20 minuets and it was running fine. Then i went back to my house for a second then started it back up and it started fine. Then i was riding it and it shut off and now it wont start back up, and it is making a clicking sound and wont start like the battery is dead

Thats because the battery is dead. tongue.gif Sounds like your battery is not charging or a ground is loose somewhere.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

The batteries in these a good deal of the time seem to go abruptly. Probably has alot to do with the vibration that they get so close to the motor.
All you can to is charge it and try it... a good long low rate charge should give you an idea and check the charging voltage while it is running. Also be sure to check all your battery connections and grounds.

Crazie

#4 Post by Crazie »

While you're charging the battery, I'd pull the flywheel and check the stator bolts also. Maybe it's just me, but after having it happen to me, I'm very paranoid about it.

If you're stator is loose, the charging system might not work properly, which will only allow you enough ride time for the battery to drain.

Also, if the charge is good, and it's just giving you one loud click when you hit the start button, try tapping the starter with a wrench while holding the button. I had mine freeze up right after a wash once.