YamaDale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jake1981

#21 Post by jake1981 »

Good explanation, and we do what it takes to make our bikes run strong. And it just so happens that the YZF conversion makes it a even better bike than it was before. Cannondale Love here fellas.

saleen_1

#22 Post by saleen_1 »

sorry guys,but ill put my sbm 450 up against your yamaha any day of the week.and we wont even talk about my 330r.say goodnight. :usa

saleen_1

#23 Post by saleen_1 »

well said,i hear you.but i dont race girls.noy really.GOOD LUCK...

Big Winky

#24 Post by Big Winky »

well said my SON, (he posted under his girlfriend's name). not to mention his girlfriend won the main at loretta's GNC, I'm not so sure I'd want to race her either. She's one fast girl on her C-dale!
and thanks for the good luck!

Big Winky

#25 Post by Big Winky »

cost? that would be a good question. matter of fact...one I'm not sure that I'd want answered, lol. Really though, I had the motor, built the gas tank, John picked up the 426 crank and cylinder, gaskets and such, he and a friend did the modifications under Jody's supervision (JB Racing). Probably not cheap if you were paying people for their work, but as racers... we get our rocks off doing things like this. "What price do you put on fun".

airtime

#26 Post by airtime »

winky, that looks nice and the forty lbs of weight savings sounds even better. do you think there is anyway to make the swap and keep the rear factory shock? since you said you made a custom gas tank for it, i'm wondering why you did not make it so you could use 250r or honda 400ex plastic, that cdale wide tank plastic makes it hard for me to through the bike around. also what was the weight of the cdale (what your scales said) before and after the converstion. also, this is for your son and his girl friend, can you describe the power difference between the two motors? more bottom or mid range power. thanks.

oh year, i was at loretta's, christa what class did you win? i watched the girls race and i'm trying to see if i remembered seeing you ride.

Big Winky

#27 Post by Big Winky »

I'll let John answer most of the questions, but as far as the tank goes.... it was quicker and easier to do the tank that way due to time constraints, we'll be looking at it again soon when racing season is done with. John went back to the stock moto shock when he switched for the Elka rear zps conversion kit and installed the Elka zps fronts, which are working awesome. Christa won the sunday moto in the novice womens class, had some problem during the saturday race with the bike (John knows more about that), I'm not sure what it was.

airtime

#28 Post by airtime »

thanks for the reply winky.

Dale512

#29 Post by Dale512 »

You still running this quad? How's it running? Got any current pics?

Big Winky

#30 Post by Big Winky »

Yes, still running great, currently taking the motor up to 450, cams, for more power, suppose to have crank finished this week, doing this to make it more competitive. It has been an excellent project. Frame has been powdercoated red, looks sweet, great bike. Will take pics.