AMSoil Air Filter

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Crazie

#11 Post by Crazie »

Just wanted to update this for everyone....

After several dune rides with this filter, I've had ZERO issues. However, after the recent 'Dalers ride in Glamis, I pulled the filter (having greased the intake) and found the inside of the filter to be really dusty...almost like house dust. The grease around the intake was a bit on the dirty side. The particles were extremely fine and didn't appear to be dangerous, but I wanted some others thoughts on this.

Keep in mind, I have approx. 4-5 dune trips before checking it, so it could simply be there in that quantity due to time.

Any thoughts?

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

That sounds like what I get when I run K&N filters in certain conditions. Some dust is just fine enough to get through and cling to the inside of the intake. I haven't had any issues yet. Cams still good.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

If UPSMAN had dust get through I have never seen it.Was just commenting to someone how spotless his intake looks on 3year old head.Any dust inside is bad.Very Bad.MyDreamride and I both had outerwears and he had K&N I had foam both oiled outerwear dry.Niether of us had any dust whatsoever in intake and we rode same amount or more than Crazie.So I would say either oil that filter or toss it.

Crazie

#14 Post by Crazie »

I'll take a pic of it tonight. It seriously looks like dust you'd find on a counter top in a house or something.

If that's the case though, I may indeed push that filter aside and use a K&N again. I've always had good luck with them.