Titanium tranny and oil drain plugs

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Big Winky

Titanium tranny and oil drain plugs

#1 Post by Big Winky »

We now have tranny filter plugs and engine oil drain plugs in titanium, tranny plug has 17mm hex head, oil drain has 14mm hex head, both come with o-ring seals. 814-796-2066, M-F, 8-5 EST.

cdalepilot

titanium drain bolts

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

i just ordered my drain bolt from john (really nice guy) let me say this ''consider the titanium drain bolts as a update. the stock aluminum( small dia. head )will eventually round off on you; the titanium will not becouse of its hardness, plus it is trick to have titanium on your quad with function!!!thanks again john for making these :clap: :usa , mark palmer

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Yes, pictures look awesome John, I will get them posted as soon as I can. I'll probably have to send them to the man Jay. How much are they?

Big Winky

#4 Post by Big Winky »

45 for the tranny plug, and 20 for the engine oil drain plug. thanks guys.

Jaybr

Here's the pics

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Looks good

Jennys440dale

Plugs

#6 Post by Jennys440dale »

Originally posted by Big Winky
45 for the tranny plug, and 20 for the engine oil drain plug. thanks guys.

WHAT?? :wow Is it me or does that seem expensive??? I'm not flaming here, but since I am new to the cannondale world, I'm not sure on prices.

I am sure that the stock bolts will eventually strip, but is there anything cheaper I could replace them with??

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

Aluminum is cheaper and you can get those as well.. titanium in any sense isn't cheap and I'm sure machining it isn't easy. The aluminum I would think you could eventually round off. I don't think you could the titanium. So even if they are 2x as much as aluminum ones, if you end up buying 2 or 3 sets of aluminum or 1 set of titanium it all equals out or you end up ahead in the game. I at first thought the price was steep but after thinking about it, they are probably worth it, considering how many oil changes these bikes require. But if you are looking for a cheaper alternative I believe you can find aluminum ones that are stronger than the stockers around as well. Like they say, ya get whatcha pay for. Useful titanium just = :cool:

4strokemadman

#8 Post by 4strokemadman »

Kyle Ray at R&S has some too, they are a little cheaper I think. (Probobly not too much cheaper than $20.00) Kyles are a harder aluminum than stock with a hard coating on them to prevent galling. They are black too!

Big Winky

#9 Post by Big Winky »

I'm going to make some up in stainless and mild steel also. the price will be less than the titanium ones. the stainless ones won't rust and I am considering chroming the mild steel ones (depends on how much the plater wants. I will post later this week.

Big B

Big Winky

#10 Post by Big B »

clean out your PM box.I typed for 15 minutes and could not send it (2 finger typer:D )Please PM me when clean,I would like some info on the plugs.