vibrations through the foot pegs...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
m_mcgranahan

#11 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I just changed the oil before the last time I went out to ride and there weree no metal shaving at all. that bring said, I did put in a bunch of magnets around the motor, so it could be catching the metal shavings.
the crank was just being rebuilt by timbo 20-30 hrs ago, so who knows what is going on.

God bless...

Mark

TricityCdale

#12 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ May 12 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I just changed the oil before the last time I went out to ride and there weree no metal shaving at all. that bring said, I did put in a bunch of magnets around the motor, so it could be catching the metal shavings.
the crank was just being rebuilt by timbo 20-30 hrs ago, so who knows what is going on.

God bless...

Mark

I probably should've been more clear, I meant the stator side main bearing. The crank itself was fine...

Trouble

#13 Post by Trouble »

motor mounts tight?

m_mcgranahan

#14 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Yep all tight. Working on pulling the motor in the next day or so to see what the cause is. Will post my findings when I get it torn down.

God bless...

mark

speed2424

#15 Post by speed2424 »

You said the vibration was at higher rpms, did you try to rev it up while sitting still. This would rule out everything but the engine.

m_mcgranahan

#16 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (speed2424 @ May 14 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You said the vibration was at higher rpms, did you try to rev it up while sitting still. This would rule out everything but the engine.

Hi,

Yep sure did. (Didn't want to pull the motor if I didn't have to wacko.gif )

God bless...

mark

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

what about pulling in the clutch and reving? pulling in the clutch and having it in nuetral are two different things, so maybe try that. Just trying to narrow down your problem to crank or tranny side. If it still vibrates then i would say its either the crank or counterballancer. Sucks dude.

claas900

#18 Post by claas900 »

Could have clutch basket bearing going out? Hows the screen look on the tranny side?

m_mcgranahan

#19 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi everyone,

Well, the clutch is good, bearings are good crank bearings are great, crank balance plugs are in place counter balance is all good.

So far the only thing I have found after all that is the front motor mount bolt has some wear on it and allows the motor to move around abit. ( I found that the guy I bought it from must have made his own front motor mount update kit or something, cause the bolt going through was tight, but there is still slop in the front mount!) The cradle was really tight to the frame the swing arm bolt was tight, so thus far it is looking like a 5 minute fix that I turned into a major project wacko.gif Oh well, cost some time, but at least I know the motor is still in great shape inside smile.gif

Looks like trouble made the closest guess smile.gif Good work.
God bless...

Mark

Ps. I will post if I find anything else.

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

yay!! glad to hear it was just a waste of your time! biggrin.gif