engine wont fire over

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speedracer

#11 Post by speedracer »

Maybe the metal shavings are left over in the frame from a previous bearing failure?I have read posts about people using rare earth magnets to catch shavings.I think kdeal sells them,not sure though,goodluck with the re-build.Bty,maybe you should check into a bored throttle body since your head is ported.Are you running the stock airbox?

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

If you have a good port then having a port matched throttle body and intake is a must.

The higher compression piston isn't worth the money IMO. They will get you a little more hp but they are damned expensive. All depends on what you are looking for. Max hp then get one, just a strong motor then don't worry about it.

kevin444

#13 Post by kevin444 »

i flushed the entire frame before the last build, better believe i wanted everything out after buying a new crank!

that's what i figured. the port job seems to be pretty good, so yeah i will look into the TB. No stock air box here, got a setup i think from boomer, basically a K&N with a mud flap; screams when wide open. with the money i can save on the piston kit, looks like that kick *** trail tech kit is getting ordered.

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

If your looking for more power,maybe changing the cam degree may work for you.It made a big difference on my 467 top-end and middle.

kevin444

#15 Post by kevin444 »

please post your numbers......i left it at stock before and have been really happy with the results, but do know there is more power to be tapped in to!

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

113 Intake 108 exhaust.They were set at 104.5 intake 104.5 exhaust.I was told the 104.5 were good for bottom and mid(per Timbo),I wanted more mid/top so the builder(Deatons)made it scream!