South Bay 450 w/ R&S 5th gear question..

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Sandstorm

South Bay 450 w/ R&S 5th gear question..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Does the motor really need the lower internals this gear provides w/ your 450 kit?? Does it make it pull harder or does the 450 kit compensate for the sloppy gaps between 3-5th gears.. I bought the gear before I bought a fellow riders motor. I have not put the gear in yet..

cannibalq8

#2 Post by cannibalq8 »

i install the new 5th gear set. i told wade that im drag racing and he recommend me to install it with the soutbay450kit it should be pulls harder now. but until now i didnt ride coz im in australia

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Good to hear. It's at the dealer now. I could have it by friday depending on if they can salvage any gaskets or snap rings.. Oh by the way the Utah boys went 1 & 3 OA in the pro class this past weekend at Glen Helen..

fyrmedic

#4 Post by fyrmedic »

who was that sandstorm??.. I've been away for a while... had a few big jobs interfering with riding:(

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Dave Lindsay of Lindsay machine and Cody Smith. Murdock is better then Cody, but I saw him at the dunes so he didn't race. If Murdock would of raced it would of went 1-3 from Utah against Cali's best... Murdock used to race a free Moto from C-Dale. He still has it. He races a KFX440.. Maybe I should let him ride my quad..wink.gif

fyrmedic

#6 Post by fyrmedic »

oh cool.. haven't talked to Davey for a while. I've ridden with Davey and Mark before.. had a blast!!!