Evans Coolant

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kevin444

#11 Post by kevin444 »

thanks for pointing that out "speed", bolt stripped in the base, got get that bolt out and will be good to go.....probably have the hold down powder coated as well....thanks for the offer bud.

Kevin

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Other than impellar and airbleed most important thing to get a Cannondale to run cool is a proper tune. I don't know if you have access to it or how much fuel you go through on a ride but E85 will make your motor run EXTREMELY cool. I could not get over 135 deg on dyno with no fans running that stuff. It's cheaper than regular also. Just something to consider.

kevin444

#13 Post by kevin444 »

what type of mix are you running? I have access to all octanes, but makes complete sense.....have you used 85 for only dyno runs? I'm a pretty open throttle rider.....and don't want to lose too much power.....e85 usually has a 30% decrease in power...

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

100% E85. I ran about a tanks worth both on dyno and riding. I didn't lose any power at all from it. But it uses about 30% more gas.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I would also suggest looking at your quickconnects. Are they both at front of tank and gutted? If not I would consider getting a conversion or a different tank since even with rerouting line from back of tank is prone to vaporlock.

kevin444

#16 Post by kevin444 »

no kidding...Dave is supposed to make it my away eventually; I've got some his tools and cores. Have yet to get a real good look or understanding of the upgrade but it appears that he uses to inlets from the rear and the one return in the front; correct me if I'm wrong. I want to do some type of upgrade to the tank myself, but dont want to trash my only tank. I figure that I can't to do much damage it's just a tank....but yes I have not gutted mine and can see how this causes vapor lock. I tried to run less gas to get more circulation and that seems to help as well. any other ideas?

kevin

ozarkdaler

#17 Post by ozarkdaler »

Dave's tank upgrade is the only way to go. After it is upgraded you can actually remove it quicker if needed and I believe it extends the life of your FP. The earlier style tank is prone to issues as C27 said. I had those issues as well and when Dave upgraded my tank the issue went away and the fuel pump ran quieter as well.

ozarkdaler

#18 Post by ozarkdaler »

How is your lines and pump doing running E85 C27? I heard it was harder on the smaller engine components.

duke416ex

#19 Post by duke416ex »

I would think the E85 would be hard on the o ring. I know in a regular carb since it is similar to an alcohol that it wil break down the rubber o rings in the carb. I am not sure if it will do the same to the rings on the injectors or not. I know that on the 450r's a lot of drag racers are going to E85 and are making some very good hp gains. They do have to have jets bored out to provide enough fuel, some are using like 215 or larger jets.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

All the Harley style injectors are rated for alcohol and even methanol. I don't have any o-rings to worry about. Most have gutted the quickconnects first thing. No issues other than tuning to run it and it sucks the gas like a pig with E85. One other issue is they change the blend from winter to summer around here. And it also doesn't stay fresh long. I had some summer stuff left and tried using it to start a campfire in winter only way it would burn is if I left the torch on it.