will a hmf silence mount to my fmf ti pipe

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kevin444

#1 Post by kevin444 »

topic says it all; got a fmf ti pipe that is toast, it fell apart inside and has nothing in it.....basically gutted so you can imagine how loud it is! might try to grab a pipe on ebay hmf....

thanks,

kevin

2000ex

#2 Post by 2000ex »

I may need a ti header if you want to trade for a regular 02 header plus cash

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Nope, won't fit. Can you not repack it? You could also buy a new core and make something fit.

kevin444

#4 Post by kevin444 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Sep 2 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, won't fit. Can you not repack it? You could also buy a new core and make something fit.

dont wan to get rid of my ti header.....there was a dale hmf silencer on ebay that went for 56......either way ill wait. who should i talk to about getting a core? and i imagine your talking about the guts; fmf direct? i have nothing to pack around just and open pipe, probably pull the pipe off and wont be any louder; stage 3 weight reduction!! ha

kevin444

#5 Post by kevin444 »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Sep 2 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont wan to get rid of my ti header.....there was a dale hmf silencer on ebay that went for 56......either way ill wait. who should i talk to about getting a core? and i imagine your talking about the guts; fmf direct? i have nothing to pack around just and open pipe, probably pull the pipe off and wont be any louder; stage 3 weight reduction!! ha

......bump.....or what ever?

i bought my quad with the Fmf Ti exhaust. was this system a direct fit? cant find anything on their site about dale's? as mentioned above do you think i can get the guts to the pipe so that i can pack it again and hear myself think!?!

thanks....

Kuma

#6 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Sep 3 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
......bump.....or what ever?

i bought my quad with the Fmf Ti exhaust. was this system a direct fit? cant find anything on their site about dale's? as mentioned above do you think i can get the guts to the pipe so that i can pack it again and hear myself think!?!

thanks....

Try contacting FMF, I don't think they change things much, they should be able to set you up.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

You are looking for FMF part #040629. This is a universal 14" Ti Round muffler. You will need to cut the first 1/4" off of the inlet to allow it to fit into the groove of the Ti header, otherwise it is an exact fit. You can find them on Ebay often.

kevin444

#8 Post by kevin444 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 4 2009, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are looking for FMF part #040629. This is a universal 14" Ti Round muffler. You will need to cut the first 1/4" off of the inlet to allow it to fit into the groove of the Ti header, otherwise it is an exact fit. You can find them on Ebay often.

other than cutting this muffler will fit? the one that i currently have is much older basically a ti tube with the FMF tip....probably will grab that one you mentioned.

thanks....

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

I got the part number out of the current catalog. It's always very hard to find. But it is a common muffler for them. The picture is of the right muffler. You only need to cut the leading edge (you will see why when you go to install it). The Ti header has a lip that the muffler goes under. The current Ti muffler has an upward flare to it on the very edge.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

The replacement Silencer was part 040145, with a later turn-down endcap included (and swappable with the stock endcap).
Hey Kevin,...I keep a few Ti 4 in stock, and they retail for $249.95. I'm obviously not down there yet!....but I can bring you one for $200.
With as much as you apparently ride, you might want to have a spare pipe anyway. For a wasted center tube section, rivets, packing whatever, your local FMF dealer should have all of that in stock (even if they don't know it, or say "duh" at the parts desk). The same 14" silencer is used on other machines FYI, and is universal like kdeal mentioned.