what timing??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cool_dude_dotcom

#1 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

I'm going to be putting a stock crank back in my cannibal to put it down to a 450. I still want some of the power i had at 495cc....what cam timing should i go with and what works best with a cp450 piston. I'm not really shure i even want to mess with timing though, i'm going to sell it as soon as i get it going. I'm done with the head achs and hastle of owning a cannondale, although they do run like a raped ape if they actually run.

Jeremy

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Tough call there... but I will throw my two cents in.
If it were me I would set it to stock specs for easy starts and the best all around power band since you have no idea how the buyer is going to use it. I would also put an asso in it because I don't think it would help the sale in proportion to the cost extra cost especially if you were to end up selling it to a cannondale rookie. I may be biased there cause I just finished tearing down my motor where the cp failed for some reason.
I would also consider selling it with a 10k limit just for the fact that if it does go to lets just say the average rider it will last much longer and they will never know what their missing. Some people think that the max power will sell but a stock motor would impress alot of people for a long time and it gives them time to learn to ride it. They can add more power when they are ready and accept the risks.
Look at it this way someone test rides it and is impressed with the power they will be more impressed if you tell them there is more to be easily had. Better than scaring the crap out of someone and loosing the sale that way. Alot of people have sold cause stock power scared them so they said but that does not make sense to me with how these things can be easily detuned.
If you find a veteran buyer they will know that they can tweak it to their needs easily.

cool_dude_dotcom

#3 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

I just went and pulled the motor out and was thinking i might post it up for sale on craigslist and here as an early oppertunity to have the buyer say how they want the motor set up. But after reading you post it does make a lot more sence to let who ever buys it to their own tweeking and tooling. I'm gonna leave it stock and sell it as is. Thanks for you input Ray, I've been brain-storming for months on what to do with this thing.

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (cool_dude_dotcom @ Sep 17 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just went and pulled the motor out and was thinking i might post it up for sale on craigslist and here as an early oppertunity to have the buyer say how they want the motor set up. But after reading you post it does make a lot more sence to let who ever buys it to their own tweeking and tooling. I'm gonna leave it stock and sell it as is. Thanks for you input Ray, I've been brain-storming for months on what to do with this thing.

If you have a 495 now and you are pulling the crank out what would the compresion be with the CP piston?