power to fuel pump

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kstevens

#11 Post by kstevens »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 3 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dose the power to the pump shut off? If it dose, I would say that quad has some sort of mod to the harness

the only time there is no power to the pump in when the fuse is out,

i will look at what you are talking about c27 next chance i get

kstevens

#12 Post by kstevens »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look on the white tag on harness by the ECU.If it says Rev5 you need a update of a resistor added to harness if Rev8 pull the relay (under airfilter)out and see what happens then.
[attachment=9602:Starter_...U_damage.zip]

good call c27, the relay under air filter was bad, replaced and no more problem.... well other than the fuel pump is bad now

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

If you need one of those diode kits to update your harness I believe I may have one or two new Cannondale ones laying around. Let me know.

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I'm tring to make sure I understand this circut. I went back and re read it and found (as useall) I miss read some of it. But because I really don't want to start putting test light on that circut for fear of damaging ecu. I would like to make sure I understand it.

first, I thought the pump + had power all the time (key on or off) But in this thread it sounds like no power with key off

second, If he had power all the time and both ecu's were good. does this mean the ecu grounds the pump circut when the power is shut off (normally closed)?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Once the ECU times out (after 2 min) all power to fuel pump is off.Relay controls that via ECU.

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Thanks 27

what about the ground side? When the ecu times out is the ground side of the pump complete or would that be like a normaly open?

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe it would be open but not sure.

Happyboy

#18 Post by Happyboy »

My bad. Its been a while and I meant to go check it. It has power at all times the ECU is on. The ground is still supplied through by the ECU when you are actually cranking the motor or when the motor is running.