idle screw question

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
trickteclipse

#1 Post by trickteclipse »

well i had my motor rebuilt by a local motorsports mechanic and he rebuilt everything great and it ran great but now my idler screw backed out a lil it and now i cant find a good spot for it to be so it starts. i am not sure which way to go, i am not sure if i am giving it to much fuel or not enough. so if there is someone that could measure the distance from the knob of the screw to the plate it screws into and tell me that distance so i can tune it a lil better from that...it is on an 03 cannibal. or if there is a better solution then by all means let me know...thank you!

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

Back the screw out and then try holding the thumb throttle open about 1/8 of an inch to get it started. Then adjust the screw while it is running keeping it running with the thumb throttle till the idle is up to where it will stay running.

Do you have a D&M?

trickteclipse

#3 Post by trickteclipse »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Feb 27 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back the screw out and then try holding the thumb throttle open about 1/8 of an inch to get it started. Then adjust the screw while it is running keeping it running with the thumb throttle till the idle is up to where it will stay running.

Do you have a D&M?

no i do not it is on the wish list