Crank and rod questions

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

..Hello Winky I talked to you on Monday or was it Tuesday for about 45 mins about u doing my crank work. Im still waiting on a puller. I was wanting to call you again about my crank,as youv said in your post your working on a stroker. You said this winter you should have it? I was wanting to twist your arm and get you to stroke mine?biggrin.gif ..The more I thought about it the more I want it done. Im not sure if just a 450 is going to give me what im looking for? " I know never Happy"..lol...I just dont want to get all this work done then in 2 or 3 months you come out with a stroker,I dont think id be a happy camper...But I'll be in touch next week if i can..crank should be out by then....Thanks for comeing on here and giveing everyone a run down on what your working on.. ....Patrick..

blaze#52

spare cranks

#12 Post by blaze#52 »

hey i have three cranks, 2 junk and one supposidly good, i will be looking you up this winter when i go throught mine, if you need a couple of extra cranks to get the process rolling, let me know, and i want to give you and big thanks and good job for keeping cannondale going, Brian:clap:

Big Winky

#13 Post by Big Winky »

Brian, give me a pm with your phone #, yes, we are looking for cores to replace a couple that people who thought they could disassemble theirselves and damaged beyond repair. And jay, give me a call BEFORE installing that "NEW" crank, there is an issue with it, you maybe installing a worst problem that I can help you with.
Jim

airtime

#14 Post by airtime »

all this talk about crank failures and engine problems is scaring me. all i do is clean my filter and change my oil regularly. is this normal stuff for 4-stroke engines. should i be worried about my 03 motor, or just ride it until it breaks then send it off to get fixed.

also winky, south bay offers a head mod they claim to increase hp ( 8 to 10 hp). do you offer a head mod or anything to increase the power , aminly down low power. i run a full hmf exhaust and motto mapping. thanks

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

All the info we get does have a price it makes a guy worry.Cannondale started the tradition with letting the public see all the bulletins and problems they found.We here are just continuing it.
I have had mine for three years now I have never had to pay for anything that failed other than accesories and crash damage.So this fall it is going to be completely restored.I want to do it the best that I can since I am keeping it.You have to take all the info and factor in how you take care of it,reliability of info and luck.After doing that I decided to get the crank done by Winky and will probably get the head mods from Southbay.

brunofirst

#16 Post by brunofirst »

I have also decided to stick with my cannondale moto for the 2004 year.
I am getting the Dependity kit (DE1) from South bay and they are going to replace my crankshaft. This will be all together with shipping about $1700.00. If i am going to be racing every sunday of the 2004 summer, i think the dependability kit is a good idea. what do you think? If i hang out at the blood bank more often, i might be able to afford the stage I, but well see.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

Stop by the fertility clinic and you might be able to afford the Stage IV before you know it! tongue.gif biggrin.gif LOL!

brunofirst

#18 Post by brunofirst »

Do you have experience? It might be the way to go if i am able to afford the stage IV, and smoke everyone i face next summer.

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

Sorry, no experience.

I just see the signs they post around trying to attact poor college students like me for their purposes.

But hey, for a Stage IV, I'm not sure what I would do....

Hopefully I can save enough through other means though!

Good luck, I'm sure nobody will ask how you got the money for the Stage IV after you smoke them. But if they did that is one he1l of an answer!

saleen_1

#20 Post by saleen_1 »

good move on the DE1 kit bruno,no point in putting more power into a motor that has problems stock.first things first.