need some imput

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

Ok I'm getting really angry with this thing!!! Heres what going on, no matter what I set for fuel and for the throttle cal this thing runs to lean and will just shut off when I pull the clutch in to stop. Is it possible for fuel pump to work at idle then not give enough at max throttle.It's got new injectors in it, the fuel quick disconnects are gone new fuel filter,lines,spark plug.Can anyone point me in the right direction.

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Its been a long time since I messed with mine but, I do remember that it is possible to keep downloading the old settings instead of the new ones. When you bring the setting back up is it at the settings you just downloaded or is it going back to the old ones?

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Try cranking in the idle screw -- that can vibrate loose to a slow idle and cause your same problem.
Then next might be to check fuel pressure....the rail section should hold about 44psi without large fluctuations either way when the throttle is blipped.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Also do a compression check.Decomp or a leaking valve could do same thing.I assume you checked your throttlebody boot for leaks also.

Denny08

#5 Post by Denny08 »

I make sure that the changes are the ones going to the ecm. What compression number I'm looking for,and I have check the boot on the throttle body and it is tight.I don't know a whole lot about the buckets in the head but what happens if those are sticking or can they.