Rebuilt engine, crank no start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Nate

#1 Post by Nate »

Im in the kansas city area and rebuilt my dale. now it cranks but no start. got the d&m kit but getting error 125. dont know if my ecu's bad. im getting spark and fuel tho. if anybody has ran into this before let me know. or if anybodys in neb, ok, mo,ks or even tx and knows there **** id drive and pay you to help!!!

jinx44

#2 Post by jinx44 »

Number 1, make sure battery is fully charged, and possibly even put a battery charger on it while cranking. I ran into this problem in the past.

I can't help you with the error, but I am sure someone on here can. There are a few of us on the other side of MO from you, and a couple down around Springfield. If you need an ECU to try, I can probably help you out there. I have a couple spares.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

i am in lebanon mo and the 125 error usually is when the ecu times out, or the ecu in not communicating with d&m usually not anything major just waking the ecu up.

Nate

#4 Post by Nate »

Well i tried tappin the starter but error is still present. batteries 100%. another thing is i put the 450 high comp. piston, high compressor intake valves, port and polished head and got 104 vp race fuel. got new throttle body and wondering if maybe it needs recalibrated before fire up?, but cant do that without communication. maybe we could work somethin out i send u money and u send ecu?

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

I'm willing to bet you did something wrong putting the motor tougher. The error 125 could also be that your using the wrong comport, try changing that. Have you ever used the D&M with this pc or is it the first time?

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

bring it down and we will tune it and get it running

speed 450mx

#7 Post by speed 450mx »

Start by reloading your hex code. Then reset all your setings. We get that all the time and can not do anything tell after we reset the hex.

Denny08

#8 Post by Denny08 »

Is it possible that the timing is off

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Denny @ Jun 23 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible that the timing is off

Thats what I'm betting on. If its getting fuel/spark it will run cam timing would be the next thing.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Double check your wiring, namely the crank position sensor and the temp sensor. Check compression next. Could be the piston ring got left off? I have seen it before beleive it or not. If everything checks out on the outside then it may be time to crack it back open. I would go after timing next. If that looks good then take a real close look at the cams and cam caps. I have seen a very small crack on a cam cap and when the motor would turn over fast the cam would lift up some since the cap was actually broken.

Let us know what you find out.