USB on D&M Kit

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Lightman02

#1 Post by Lightman02 »

Does anyone know of a USB to Serial adapter that will work with the serial D&M kit?? I have the kit but my old laptop is dead and all the new ones don't have serial ports anymore. Also where can we get updated license codes as I'm sure mine has expired, haven't used it in 4 years.

proflow

#2 Post by proflow »

QUOTE (Lightman02 @ Sep 7 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know of a USB to Serial adapter that will work with the serial D&M kit?? I have the kit but my old laptop is dead and all the new ones don't have serial ports anymore. Also where can we get updated license codes as I'm sure mine has expired, haven't used it in 4 years.

I run a Rat Shack adapter on mine. You have to install the software that comes with it.
Call Scooter @ Optima, he can line you out w/the new codes.

Proflow

MX Quad Dad

#3 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I don't think scooter works at optimum anymore??????????

I belive some adapters work but you cannot download hex codes.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

I would spend $50 and get and old working laptop off ebay so you can do everything . Scooter left a while back.

Lightman02

#5 Post by Lightman02 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Sep 7 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think scooter works at optimum anymore??????????

I belive some adapters work but you cannot download hex codes.

Is optimum still even in business?? I know their website is still up but it's been the same website for years with no new updates or products, how do these people make any money??

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont know either.Maybe they make some of the new systems like Yamaha has for the YZ.Everything contained in one handheld unit and no computer needed and its $300.You never know with all the name rebadging going on these days.I would hope they would have come up with something better.Still waiting to see one that is Bluetooth so no wires are needed.The auto world has had that for years already.