Carburetor Conversions

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jake1981

Carburetor Conversions

#1 Post by jake1981 »

I talked with Big Winkey last night for about 30 min and we talked about the Carb conversions for our Dales. I can't wait until he finally comes up with something.

Does anybody know of anybody doing something like this. Or know of somebody that has done it already, except for Big Winkey. Pm or respond please.

If anybody needs help with their bikes, man, Big Winkey knows his stuff for sure, just talking to him for 30 min I learned more than ever before I think. Thanks for the info Jim.

Jake
Graves Motorsports

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

Does anyone have any info or price of the carb kit that Big Winkey is working on?

Big Winky

#3 Post by Big Winky »

thanks Jake, glad to help ya out.

airtime

#4 Post by airtime »

winky, don't take this personal or anything, but i think i would like to take all of that nice fuel injection stuff of my cdale and go with a carb: less weight and less mess. with that being said, could you maybe push that up on your to do list. i've already talked to your son about and i'm sure you can work out the little issues still remaining and get this going. this mod alone would cut out most of the complaints people have with the cdale's reliability. :deal:

jake1981

#5 Post by jake1981 »

yeah winky, could you please speed up the process a little. Just kidding. But I can't wait till this conversion is available.

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

I know there are some of you really itching for the carb conversion, but if I sell you something that isn't thought out well and reliable you'll get really upset with me (cannondale had this same problem). As John would have told airtime, it will work well, but we have fitting issues to deal with first (trying to put 10# in a 5# box) and wiring systems to engineer for a plug together harness. It all takes time, but I am working on it as time permits and will post as soon as available. Jim

airtime

#7 Post by airtime »

no hurry just as soon as you can;)

Dale512

#8 Post by Dale512 »

You work on this anymore? Or is this pretty much a dead project?

Big Winky

#9 Post by Big Winky »

Motor ran great, but too many modifications to the frame to fit it in to make it a good project. Still have special modified head sitting here, too bad, because this motor ran great, sure wish the c-dale frame was easier to work with.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Carbs on Dales .......Man thats just wrong. What would be the point? You lose your infinite adjustabilty,fuel mileage,instant starting,altitude compensation,still need a fuel pump,different ignition , and the most evil of evils have to REJET. :cry: