new owner

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speedfreek

#1 Post by speedfreek »

Hello All, I am the happy owner of a 02 speed . I have been reading this site for about a year and a half and really enjoy it . I'm really impressed with how helpful and friendly everyone is. When I bought my speed I thought I was pretty safe as the guy said all updates were done and he used to own a cannondale dealership. Well I started having electrical problems almost immediately. Guess I got lied to. The problem ended up being worn crank bearings which allowed the stator to rub on the flywheel and drain the batter down. Iwill be getting the motor rebuilt soon when money is available. Even with this bad news I'm still hooked on these things and hope to make the next group ride and meet and get to know you guys! I also want to give a big thanks to Wisetech, Boomer and Brad for all the help they provided. If it wasn't for them I would probably go back to Jap quads ohmy.gif Bill

proflow

#2 Post by proflow »

Stay in for the longhaul Bill, it's worth it.
These machines have to be earned.
Proflow

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

Nice to meet you Bill. Congrats on your purchace, you really can't be too careful about what people tell you out there. Most of the people in this forums you can trust with their word. When I first got my 02 speed from my brother I was a little nervous about the quad but when I took it out to ride the first couple of times I was so impressed. I'd guess we got a couple hundred hours before my cranks bearings went. Once I figured out how to work on them and their symptoms I fell into love with it. Easieset engine I have ever worked on, no cases to split or crap like that. Plus it ate up everything piped and jetted quad I raced to boot. Anyways enjoy and take care of your quad and it will take care of you. I have a '04 450r and it doesn't even compare. If you do anythng to make it faster I would go with porting first, my 432 goes better than most slightly hopped up quads. Sorry for my rant, lol. Take care keep us updated with progress.

Jeff

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Where are you from Speedfreak?

speedfreek

#5 Post by speedfreek »

I'm from Mi. about 30 miles north of Detroit. Any Michiganders out there give me a shout! Hopefully hook up with some of you for a Silver Lake trip.

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

Yep, a couple dalers in MI.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Nov 28 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm from Mi. about 30 miles north of Detroit. Any Michiganders out there give me a shout! Hopefully hook up with some of you for a Silver Lake trip.

thats about my neck of the woods. we just made a trip to silver lake couple months back.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Welcome Speedfreak!Definitly is alot of friendly people here.All are helpful.Its a team effort to keep these things going.Dont mind me I like to freak people out a little here but in person I am actually a pretty mellow guy.Holler if you need anything and dont give up because rewards are huge!