Motor issues! Please help.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jameson12

#11 Post by jameson12 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 7 2010, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call Caniboomer for puller its a oddball one.He has balanced flywheels also.As for oil.How much?Tablespoon I wouldnt worry.More change the crankseal and or look fr cracks behind stator.If cracked your crank needs to be balanced also.

so pull the fly wheel- check behind the fly wheel for any cracks and if all is good then - just put a new key in and put the flywheel back on?
does caniboomer sell the keys?

or is the flywheel junk and needs to be replaced?

is a balanced flywheel needed if I just plan on selling it once its running? or another oem fine?
I dont ever ride it. maybe ridden 10 times since I bought it. I would rather not put any money into it. Looking to just trade it for a 450 dirtbike.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (jameson12 @ Dec 7 2010, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so pull the fly wheel- check behind the fly wheel for any cracks and if all is good then - just put a new key in and put the flywheel back on?
does caniboomer sell the keys?

or is the flywheel junk and needs to be replaced?

is a balanced flywheel needed if I just plan on selling it once its running? or another oem fine?
I dont ever ride it. maybe ridden 10 times since I bought it. I would rather not put any money into it. Looking to just trade it for a 450 dirtbike.

Fix it right or part it out.Not right to sell it to someone else if there is a issue like a case cracker,flywheel spinner since it is a nightmare.I believe main cause of that is a really unbalanced crank.Flywheel itself is probably shot.Not key.Once flywheel is off you will have to remove stator to check for cracks or replace seal.

jameson12

#13 Post by jameson12 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 7 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fix it right or part it out.Not right to sell it to someone else if there is a issue like a case cracker,flywheel spinner since it is a nightmare.I believe main cause of that is a really unbalanced crank.Flywheel itself is probably shot.Not key.Once flywheel is off you will have to remove stator to check for cracks or replace seal.

ok- again i dont know anything about this motor. didnt know if the fly wheel could be put back on staight and was good but might happen again.
as far as the crank- it was balanced and z400 bearing installed when i had it rebuilt.

so what does a fly wheel run $? as far as seals- is that something that can be replaced fairly easy?

jameson12

#14 Post by jameson12 »

anyone interested in it? Phx, Az

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

Odds are the key way is fine. Just get a new flywheel,with puller. Flwheel is around $100 or so,puller is $20 or so. When you put it back on toque the 17mm nut to about 35lbs.
Who rebuilt your motor? And when was it rebuilt?

jameson12

#16 Post by jameson12 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Dec 7 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odds are the key way is fine. Just get a new flywheel,with puller. Flwheel is around $100 or so,puller is $20 or so. When you put it back on toque the 17mm nut to about 35lbs.
Who rebuilt your motor? And when was it rebuilt?

southbay moto did. im guessing it was back in 05??? I can see if I can find the info on it. they didd all the updates on it too. i have ridden it only a few times since then- Im guessing 4-5 times- I had a job that I had to work every weekend so didnt have much time to ride the last few year. also this was always my back up bike when I did go riding.

now that I have more time im Just not into to quads anymore- all i ride is my Rhino now and my friends all have two wheelers and do some bad *** trails that I would love to do with them so thats why im wanting to get a crf450x or something similar to ride a few times a year.
this broke last year in Jan for my website meet and greet and im now just getting around to fixing it. lol

jameson12

#17 Post by jameson12 »

so whats the best place to get a flywheel or does anyone have a spare fly wheel lying around they want to sell?

black widow a good place? or somewhere else?- I was thinking I would get that seal just incase and some other little stuff like fuel line o-rings and such to give it a bit of tlc since its been sitting a while.

claas900

#18 Post by claas900 »

Someone might have a used one or Dave might have a take off one,he has new also. I'd use one of the sight sponsors.

jameson12

#19 Post by jameson12 »

just ordered everything up from BlackWidow. Thanks for all the help guys!!! Got to love the forums!

Hopefully this is my only issue. Will let you know next week.

if any of you have a sxs/utv - please check out my site - www.SXS411.com I will do my best to help you out! smile.gif