Cam Degrees/Lift

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I've got my motor at a former C'Dale employees shop to get the cams degree'd. Wistech informed me that the best setup would be 109 intake and 107 exhaust for 450 piston, porting, pod filter, HMF exhaust, etc for MX.

However, I have no idea about the cam timing and when I took it in I was informed that they needed the cam lift measurements to do it properly. But I haven't seen any posts on that. The valves are on the tighter side if that means anything. So what all should this be at to properly setup? Any input is appreciated.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

A former Cdale employee's shop huh? Tell him the figures are at .040" lift. If he doesn't know what that means find another shop.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Thanks kdeal. I'll pass the info on to him.
The guy was a former employee in 02/03 and worked with the race teams from what I recall. Was designing an oil mod for the supermotos for flywheel side crank bearing at time of shut down. He has an E440 with only 4 original hours that may come up for sale soon.

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Anyone know a good source for a degree wheel cheap? I looked through some posts but would rather get a wheel and not make my own as I've seen some suggest. Gonna be doing 2 sets so figure might as well learn. Just picked up a new case today locally and gonna start #2.

Also, anyone interested in a dale/kx250 conversion? Guy I bought parts off of today had one. Full long travel setup, 06 2-stroke motor, pretty nicely done. Was listed for $1200 with aluminum tank even but he's moving and seems like he wants it gone. Not a member here but located in socal area. Can pass his info along.

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Mar 17 2011, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know a good source for a degree wheel cheap? I looked through some posts but would rather get a wheel and not make my own as I've seen some suggest. Gonna be doing 2 sets so figure might as well learn. Just picked up a new case today locally and gonna start #2.

Also, anyone interested in a dale/kx250 conversion? Guy I bought parts off of today had one. Full long travel setup, 06 2-stroke motor, pretty nicely done. Was listed for $1200 with aluminum tank even but he's moving and seems like he wants it gone. Not a member here but located in socal area. Can pass his info along.

I'm interested in the conversion, can you get the info for me?

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Mar 18 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm interested in the conversion, can you get the info for me?

If you want to come check it out I'll pass his info over. He wants it gone before moving in 2 weeks. Let me know and I'll shoot you his info or vice versa.