Won't start again..

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Sandstorm

Won't start again..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Went to the dunes and had an awsome day of bowling. Went to start it up to head back to camp and wouldn't start. Started fine all day. I had to bump start it. Wouldn't start when I got home. Can a fouled plug be bump started. Just curious . I will wrench later when my soreness wears off a little.

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

I'm glad you're sore, means you had a good time. Boooo on the dale not starting. I bet ya it's the battery or a loose connection. Put a volt meter to ground and on the battery side of the solinoid, what voltage is it ?? 13 or higher is good. If it is less, then put the meter right on the battery and see what ya get. If it is now 13 or better, its a loose connection. If its still low its the battery OR the charging circuit. Now, if it was 13 at the solinoid, try to start it. What happens ??

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

My bro has a volt meter. It cranks just won't fire. The last two times we have brought a tow strap out just in case. I've had to use it both times. 50-75 rides on my stock motor and never hauled a two rope around and never needed it. I think I'm JINXING myself..

dawzie

#4 Post by dawzie »

Ohhhh - weak battery or loose connection will cause same problem. Do a voltage check on the starter and battery while it's cranking. Should be 13 or better.

Take the (-) lead of tester and check voltage at battery and at engine while cranking, voltage should be the same, different means bad ground connection.

Big Winky

#5 Post by Big Winky »

C-dales are very touchy when it comes to having the correct voltage.

dawzie

#6 Post by dawzie »

So how did you make out ??