Yet Another Problem With The C-dale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Kos462

Yet Another Problem With The C-dale

#1 Post by Kos462 »

To start things off i buy i 2003 cannondale speed in febuary because there the so called, best thing since wrestling well i didnt even have the piece of junk for 3 months and the motor blew up and there pry wasent even 5 hours on it so there i baught a new four wheeler so it can sit in the garage in pieces.

And now this week i notice while i was washing it that the frame is cracked where the subframe bolts fast to the main frame on the bottom so now there it sits again useless no wonder the company went out of buisness it was my worse 8000 dollar investment i was better off just burning the money.

dean foster

#2 Post by dean foster »

Sorry about your problems but those are the risks everyone took when they purchased these machines. Mine broke within the first ten hours of riding (thank God for the warrenty) and I did'nt know what to think. After several more times in the shop it broke for good, leaving it stranded at my dealership for over eight months, it was'nt even a year old yet when I heard rumers about Cannondale going under. I was getting mad and impatient, then they did go under leaving me, my warrenty, and my dealership in a world of hurt. I did'nt know what to do until I heard about South Bay Moto. After getting a stage one kit I regreted getting mad at this machine. It flat out grips and rips. It has been just over a year now and I am in the process of trading it already. I love this machine but its too much for me to handle and deal with. If you stick with them you can almost be gaurenteed to love it. No other machine can hold a candle to the technology or the idea of such a machine ever being produced (especially by a bicyicle company). I hate trading it but it will make it easier on my wallet and my grip, while I held on to both while riding this incredible machine. American made in the USA :usa

Kos462

#3 Post by Kos462 »

I understand where your coming from but when i bought it i did know it wasent coming with a warraty and it does have more than enough power and it handles great i love it but like i said i didnt buy it to sit in the garage in pieces cause it keeps breaken when these 4 wheelers were suposed to be the best thing out hands down

dean foster

#4 Post by dean foster »

I know I know, by owning a cannondale I learned to expoect the worst, that way no matter what I would't be surprised if I got messed over.

drbowtie

#5 Post by drbowtie »

Just curious... What color is the clutch cover on the left side of the engine. (Your left foot side?) Is it black or silver?

blaze#52

mine broke too

#6 Post by blaze#52 »

hey my subframe mount broke too, lower left side, had it welded once with the original piece, then it broke again and had it filled in solid, I drilled a hole in it and it has held up this season so far

Kos462

#7 Post by Kos462 »

Believe it or not somthing else broke on the cannonbomb now the toster can muffler i have decided to crack and broke off where it bolts fast in the back WOW!!!

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

You should sell it.

CdaleRacer0128

#9 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by Kos462
Believe it or not somthing else broke on the cannonbomb now the toster can muffler i have decided to crack and broke off where it bolts fast in the back  WOW!!!

did the same thing, but mine was because i blew out my stock erar fox shock..then the pressure with basically no shock in teh back cracked the exhaust right off its hanger on the subframe..

just another reason for me to get an aftermarket exhaust!:head: