rod bearing

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
brunofirst

#1 Post by brunofirst »

i have been told that i have the same problem with my moto (broken crank bearing). Mine starts fine, but as the motor is idling, there is this loud clanging noise (the noise is cycling with the motor) coming from the fly wheel area. Is this similar to what is happening to yours?
thanks

motorider68

same here

#2 Post by motorider68 »

Mine is make the same noise and stuff, it is the crank bearing, sucks but thats part of it i guess. Mine will idle also but just for a second if you give it gas then it will die...seems like its seizing. i had very very good luck out of my motor till now though so I am not complaining. the SBM reliablity kit seems liek the only way to go though, fix it once and your set.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

Sir Fuzz check your PM's.

WJR

#4 Post by WJR »

Are you guys talking about the crank main bearings or the crank/connecting rod needle bearing?

WJR

southbaymoto

#5 Post by southbaymoto »

The process is to actually rebuild the entire crank. If the berring goes then the pin and rod are almost always torched too. Our cost to rebuild the entire crank is $600. We out source this. The crank will be rebuilt with better parts and designed to rev higher. It will allow rev up to 16,000 RPM as opposed to the stock crank's design to only allow up to 11,000 when the rev limiter is set to 11,600.

I am currently abusing one of these rebuilt cranks in my Monster and it is working great. In my opnion well worth the money.

Will you be installing this your self?

Dustin
SBM

dawzie

#6 Post by dawzie »

Sir Fuzz, I think you need to get a grip on life. Ask your motorcycle buddy how much it costs to get a bike crank done. These Dales are not no small block Ford. $600 is a very realistic price for the work and materials involved

Not a good way to start a relationship with a company that does top notch work :wow

saleen_1

#7 Post by saleen_1 »

see if that ford motor will fit in your cannondale,then your have a brand new motor.

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Response is necessary. Chill out, for goodness sake. Act semi-adult here. Remember what mommy said: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Looking like a fool on the forums is not necessary. If you aren't happy with someone's prices, don't do business with them. It is quite simple. Just because you or I can't afford their work does not mean that it isn't worth every penny that they ask. Chill.

PS: You spelled "audacity" wrong anyways.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

..Well i don't know a lot about cranks,but iv been told this is no normal Honda/yamaha crank.Its just not that easy for someone to split it? But if you can find a cheaper way to split it more power to you,plz let us all know thats what this sight is for.
If you just wanted to buy the better bearings I'm sure http://www.diamondracingatv.com/cannondale...leproducts.html will sell them to you? His name is Big Winky on here.As for a rod if its still good I don't see why you couldn't reuse it? But if you need a new one you'd have to get a Carillo Rod for about $220 or so and wait for it to be made,and thats if you can only buy just one?
Just as a note,if you friends dad ruined your crank you'll have to buy a new one "used" 300..new 600?...so if you have to get a new used crank,300..new rod 220..bearings,50 or so?..So a total of 570?...hmm..Anyways Hoped I helped..

440EX4ME

#10 Post by 440EX4ME »

Interesting thread.

Just curious what is done to the crank to allow the extra 5000 rpm's if anyone here knows?

I dont know about the rest of you but I can understand sir fuzz being frustrated with hearing $600.00 when he was thinking he needed to repace a rod bearing. I realize that this is a specialty market and product but some of us never adjust to much of the pricing on parts and repairs and it seems to be even more of a bite when you talk cannondale.

Just my .02 but am real curious about the added rpms of the crank rebuild etc.