Air/fuel mixture signs

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

Any air gauge will work but the liquid filled ones are waterproof and tend to be accurate over the long haul. The regulators have a screen in them which can plug. They are held in with a simple snap ring so you can pop it off and check easily.

cdalerider92

#22 Post by cdalerider92 »

Alright thanks. Can anyone post up a moto map that they know to be working so that I can use it because I think that the map that I have a messed up because they keep coming up with a flowrate of 2603. Thanks.

cdalerider92

#23 Post by cdalerider92 »

Okay so I got it to start up relatively easy. I have the orange county open map with a flow rate of 2200 and a offset of .7, but it is puffing out smoke when rapped on and even cuts out after a couple raps on it. 2200 seems rich, but I don't know what to start with because every map that I open gives me 2603, so I'm just manually entering flow rates.

cdalerider92

#24 Post by cdalerider92 »

I took a short video that I posted on Youtube if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/YIOTrZgjlEo

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

Ya Id say something is wrong . I t should be revving to the moon with a snap throttle like that . Yours is boggin and shutting off . Oh hey check your flywheel to see if its spun or loose on the hub . remove the nut and the washer and see if the keyway is lined up with the c cast into the side of the flywheel. You have to be looking straight on at it. Dont you have a stock moto map in your d @ m ?

cdalerider92

#26 Post by cdalerider92 »

The flywheel isn't spun thank god. laugh.gif I opened up a moto map and played around with the offset and flowrate so that I could get an easy start up and a snappier throttle response definitely better than it was before that's for sure. I slowly incremented up from 2200 to 2550 what I have it set at now. So by increasing from a richer flowrate I was hoping to reduce the chance of getting it too lean. Still blows a little smoke and hesitates very slightly, but definitely an improvement from what I have had in the past. I also posted another video on YouTube to see what you think. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/oxwhwdeQQj8

cdalerider92

#27 Post by cdalerider92 »

Hey I threw up another video.

http://youtu.be/vdcx9y5zkqE

I dropped the flowrate back down to 2500. Got a little nervous about melting the piston. I also bumped the offset up to .75. I tried .8, but I got a harder start and laggy throttle response. I discovered having the idle at around 2000 rpm helped with throttle response.

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

If its puffing black smoke when you rev it like that your not lean. Have you done a throttle cal every time you install a map. If your super engine melting lean the headpipe will be glowing orange red right off the head.

cdalerider92

#29 Post by cdalerider92 »

Oh okay. How high is too high on the flowrate though? I'm at 2500 already how much higher do you think that will need to go? In what increments should I increase it at? Also, does the offset play into this at all or does it only really affect the starting? Thanks again.

MX Quad Dad

#30 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I'm a little confused????? in post #26 you said you went from 2200 to 2550 then in post #27 you said you dropped it back down to 2500 and nervous about melting the piston. I was under the the notion that the lower the number the richer the mixture.

I'm not sure on the dales but most four strokes aren't going to melt a piston as quick as the two strokes do especially if you are not riding real agressive

There was a guy on here a while back that had a web page with good info......Harry Moto????? At least I though it was good